The Museum of American Bird Art (MABA) seeks an energetic, organized and team-oriented office manager. MABA is a family-friendly art museum connecting people and nature through art. The museum presents exhibitions by internationally recognized artists and an array of education programs for all ages as well as a vibrant children’s summer camp. The Office Manager has diverse responsibilities, including key roles interacting with the public and managing smooth, well-organized operations throughout the museum. This position reports to the museum director.
This is a 24 hour per week position.
- Perform a variety of office management and administrative duties;
- Manage all financial data including invoice payment, receivables, budget reconciliations, and cash receipts;
- Develop marketing materials including social media, print pieces and e-newsletter;
- Oversee online program registrations;
- Recruit and manage volunteers;
- Work with Mass Audubon headquarters staff to implement statewide initiatives for membership and information security;
- Manage and market facility rental program;
- Manage occasional fundraising or other events;
- Supervise maintenance of office equipment including printers, copiers, and phone system;
- Occasional weekend hours.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills;
- Exceptional attention to detail and a highly organized approach;
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently;
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Basic skills in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and InDesign), higher level skills a plus;
- Experience managing social media and electronic newsletters desirable;
- BA or equivalent experience;
- A sense of humor is welcome;
- Successful candidates must pass a background record check (CORI and SORI).
Please send your resume and cover letter to:
May 22, 2015
This position comes with a full benefits package, including health insurance, vacation and 403b, prorated for part-time.
The Museum of American Bird Art at Mass Audubon (MABA) is a professional art museum within New England’s largest conservation organization, connecting people and nature through art. Our exhibitions feature art by internationally recognized artists inspired by nature. Located on a 121-acre wildlife sanctuary just south of Boston, the Museum of American Bird Art at Mass Audubon houses Mass Audubon’s extensive art collection, which is shared with the public through exhibitions as well as through a wide variety of education programs.