Position Title: Part-Time Visitor Services Assistant
Department: Visitor Services
Reports to: Director of Visitor Services
Type of Position: Non-exempt (hourly), part-time
The Visitor Services Assistant is responsible for providing friendly, courteous service to individual and group visitors at the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum. The Assistant provides a warm greeting and efficient services at the beginning of every visitor’s museum experience, and encourages them to return. Additional responsibilities include working with the Museum’s ticketing system (Patron Edge) and assisting with initiatives designed to better understand our visitors (surveys, etc.)
- Be a friendly, warm, and approachable presence as visitors enter and exit the Museum
- Assist all members, groups and visitors of the museum with their ticketing and other needs, including general admission, recorded tours, concerts, lectures, and other events
- Operate the Museum’s Patron Edge ticketing terminals at Admissions Desk efficiently and accurately
- Provide knowledgeable assistance to visitors seeking information about the Museum or its programs and events
- Inform visitors about Museum policies regarding bags, cell phones, photography
- Promote use of the audio tour, check equipment in and out, keep equipment organized, prepare broken equipment for repair
- Assist visitors at the Coat Room, both during the day and at evening events
- Complete opening and closing procedures in a timely and efficient manner
- Responsible for attendance at all department training meetings
- Perform other tasks as directed by the Director of Visitor Services
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Fluency in English
- Math proficiency
- Strong computer skills
- Dependability and punctuality are essential
- Prior customer service or cashier experience is preferred
- Knowledge of Patron Edge and/or Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Interest in art or art history preferred
- Occasional evening work required (for evening events and exhibition openings)
How To Apply:
Join our dedicated, talented team of employees, interns and volunteers, who are passionate about the work they do to support the Museum’s mission. To apply for this position, please follow this link to the online application—this is our preferred application method: https://isgm.applicantpro.com/jobs/212218.html .Both a cover letter and resume are required.
The Gardner Museum is committed to affording equal opportunities to qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disabilities, marital status or sexual orientation. Candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply. The Museum is proud to embrace the goals of Commonwealth Compact (http://www.umb.edu/commonwealth_compact/about) and pledges to measure its progress toward those goals over time, using the Commonwealth Compact benchmarks.
We receive many resumes and kindly request that you do not call to inquire about the status of your application. Those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.
May 31, 2015
About this Organization:
The Museum was the creation of Isabella Stewart Gardner (1840-1924) ‘for the education and enjoyment of the public forever.’ Since opening to the public in 1903, the Gardner has served as a center for ideas and life-long learning in its community – a tradition that is kept alive today through an array of interpretive, creative, educational, horticultural, artistic and scholarly programs.