Position Title: Education Assistant
Position Description: Join Cooper Hewitt’s award winning Education Department! Education Assistants will assist with and support two or more Education Programs with a wide range of education and administrative projects such as preparing educational materials, assisting with educational events, and presenting education programs to teachers and/or students at the museum or/and offsite locations.
• Performs a wide range of administrative and logistical assignments assisting in the planning and developing for offsite/onsite education trainings/programs
• Manages the Department’s registration process for various programs and ensures appropriate follow up. Welcomes educators, teachers and students in a professional manner held at the Museum, schools and at a wide variety of offsite locations.• Builds and maintains excellent relationships with educators, teachers, and students.• Serves as a dynamic team member in working with colleagues that support the Museum’s education, curatorial and pubic programs initiatives.
• Participates and works with the Education team on high level projects and events such as the National Design Week and other program areas as needed.
• Utilizes Windows Office (i.e., such as Outlook, Word, Excel and other software) in completing assignments. Exposure and potential usage/input with digital technology.
• Interest in design, art, digital and media technology
• Travel is required to various locations within NYC metro area, Washington, DC and other locations throughout the US.
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree in education or museum education studies
• Ability to take ownership and initiative of administrative projects to ensure they are completely timely and accurately.
• Proficient in Windows Office such as Outlook, Word, Excel and other software. Interest and experience with digital technology.
• Ability to multi task and keep track of work assignments to meet or exceed deadlines for two education programs or more.
• Experience working with and coordinating education activities with students and/or teachers
• Ability to manage the registration process and confirm attendance in a proactive manner.
• Ability to proofread work and write effectively.
• Ability to compile data for reports using Excel and/or Word.
• Ability to travel.
• Valid driver’s license in order to drive to offsite locations for events and conferences.
• Flexible work schedule to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Free Transit/Commuter Benefits
Annual and Sick Leave
Family Friendly Leave
Family Friendly Workplace
Historic and landmark offices and garden
92Y Fitness Center Employee Discounts
Free Entrance to Museums and Galleries Design Library TIAA-CREF (Tax Deferred & Defined Contributions)
Health Insurance Dental/Vision Insurance Flexible Spending Accounts
Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Long Term Disability Benefits
Employee Assistance Program
Website: http://www.cooperhewitt.org <http://www.cooperhewitt.org/>
Job Date: 2015-04-02
Application Info: Submit cover letter and resume (addressing qualification requirements) to:HReducation@si.edu
Application deadline: Monday, April 20, 2015
Contact Name: Angela Hall
Contact Email: HallA@si.edu
Contact Phone: 2128498302 <tel:2128498302>
Document1: B3UXoQ5CMAAKZKU.jpg <http://nycmer.org/corecode/uploads/document/uploaded_pdfs/corecode_nycmer/B3UXoQ5CMAAKZKU_1553.jpg>