The Executive Assistant reports directly to the CEO and is responsible for a high level of clerical, administrative, and general office assistance and support, to ensure an efficient, and positive work environment in a growing organization. The successful candidate will have outstanding organizational skills, experience in a fast-paced environment, possess a meticulous attention to detail, have the ability to successfully prioritize and manage multiple duties, and have excellent independent judgment to act on behalf of the CEO when appropriate. This position requires the ability to provide strong support to the CEO in a one-on-one working relationship and excellent interpersonal skills, as well as sound judgment and maturity. The Executive Assistant serves as a liaison to senior management and the Library and Foundation staffs, as well as to the Foundation’s board of directors, and board of advisors. Must be calm and efficient under pressure, and able to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion. Will require a time commitment and flexibility commensurate with the needs of the CEO and Foundation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Serves as the primary point of contact for the CEO, often responsible for acting on her behalf. Communicates directly with Board members, donors, Foundation, Library staffs and others on matters related to CEO’s initiatives. Handles all incoming calls and emails pertaining to the CEO. Welcomes guests of the CEO, greeting them in person, on the telephone or by email, and answering or directing inquiries.
- Manages an extremely active and dynamic calendar of appointments, planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, conference calls.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up on a timely and appropriate manner.
Provides CEO with all preparatory materials for appointments and meetings.
- Coordinates logistics and materials for meetings and presentations including special events
- Schedules, coordinates the activities of and provides service to CEO’s staff meetings as directed
- Plans and optimizes all travel plans for the CEO, including arranging complex and detailed travel, itineraries and agendas, and compiling documents for travel related meetings
- Manages expense reports on behalf of the CEO
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence and other tasks that support and assist the CEO’s ability to lead the organization effectively. Prepares correspondence as directed by the CEO and coordinates mass mailings, group faxes and email blasts as needed.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs, handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Maintains and organizes CEO contacts database to ensure strong coordination of CEO outreach to numerous audiences.
- Follows up on contacts made by the CEO and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships.
- Responsible for ensuring that the CEO’s office is well organized, including filing and maintenance of the CEO files
- Responsible for maintaining the organization of the Foundation offices to ensure a proper atmosphere for visitors and staff, and to ensure efficient operations, including ordering and organizing supplies and equipment, and keeping common areas clean and tidy.
- Organizes staff holiday party and other staff-wide events on behalf of the CEO.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the CEO
- Serves as the administrative liaison to the Board of Directors, and Board of Advisors
- Schedules all Board and Committee Meetings in a timely manner
- Assists Foundation senior staff with board support, including preparation and dissemination of Board Minutes
- Complies with and ensures proper board support as required in by laws, regarding board committee matters and governance
- Assists Board members with travel arrangements, lodging and meal planning as needed
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members
- Maintain the Board Book and Board contact listing, updating board members and staff on a regular basis
- Requires impeccable attention to detail, strong prioritization skills, and agility to multi-task and change priorities quickly
- Must be able to set a professional tone, and level of support that contributes to a positive work environment
- High level of interpersonal skills, and emotional maturity a must
- Ability to build effective professional relationships with stakeholders including staff, board members, external partners and donors
- Demonstrated pro-active approaches to problem solving
- Must be able to maintain composure under pressure and manage unforeseen situations
- Must be able to work independently and proactively, synchronizing rapidly to anticipate CEO needs.
- Requires flexibility and the ability to work after hours regularly, as required by the CEO and Foundation schedules
Please submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
May 08, 2015
Commensurate upon experience
The primary mission of the John F. Kennedy Library Foundation is to support the work of the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum whose core function is to collect, preserve, and make available for research the documents, audiovisual material and memorabilia of President Kennedy, his family, and his contemporaries.
The Foundation, representing a wide variety of constituencies within the general public, works closely with the National Archives and Records Administration to develop programs that advance the study and understanding of President Kennedy’s life and the times in which he lived; and that promote a greater appreciation of America’s political and cultural heritage, the process of governing, and the importance of public service.
In addition to its support of the Kennedy Library, the Kennedy Library Foundation directly sponsors programs and activities that help people understand the major challenges facing democracy today; that inspire current and future generations to political participation and public service; and that promote debate and discussion of issues at the heart of contemporary democracy that relate to the legacy of President John F. Kennedy.