Are you (or know someone who is) well acquainted with the local music scene? Have concert organizing experience? Consider applying for the JPTC Concert Organizer 2015/2016 role described here:
The Jamaica Plain Tuesday Club (JPTC), the non-profit organization that stewards the historic Loring-Greenough House (LGH) in Jamaica Plain, seeks a concert organizer for the 2015/2016 season. The JPTC Sunday afternoon concert series runs from September through May. The concert organizer serves as an ambassador to the event, organizing and scheduling musicians, organizing volunteers, and monitoring the event.
The ideal candidate will understand the restrictions of a historic property, be familiar with the local music scene and a variety of musical genres. The position begins in July, as the concert organizer schedules the line-up for the year by updating a list of musicians from previous concerts at the LGH. S/he will also need to contact a diverse group of interested parties and secure dates for the season. A large part of the role during the end of summer is confirming bookings, meeting with musicians, and giving tours of the space.
This is a fun and rewarding position for someone with the right experience. Please see the formal job description below – we look forward to hearing from you!
Duties & responsibilities:
· Reports directly to the Chair of the Programming Committee and more generally to the Board of Directors.
· Creatively strategizes to promote the LGH as an intimate concert venue and the JPTC as the stewards/caretakers of the LGH.
· Heavy coordination of JPTC concert calendar: keeping track of JPTC events, JP community and public events, holidays, etc. in order to schedule musicians, volunteers for events, etc. well ahead of time: ideally 3-6 months in advance.
· Compile and update list of musicians, contact details, style of music, crowd interest, etc.
· Respond to all music inquiries with appropriate details and availability.
· Meet with musicians to view space, address capacity and audio concerns, initial event planning.
· Organize equipment drop offs and pickups for booked events.
· Day of coordinator/house monitor tasks (per JPTC Procedures list, provided)
· Schedule and train volunteers and monitors as needed for booked events.
· Work with other members of the JPTC, particularly Communications, to:
* Create program design, sign, flyers, postcards,
* Update/contribute to marketing (Instagram, Twitter, FB, Pinterest, etc.),
* Suggest possible advertising outlets and sponsorship opportunities.
· Explore new ways to generate income: themed events, monthly afternoon teas, etc., in collaboration with JPTC leadership.
· Serve as a JPTC ambassador to the greater JP community
Basic qualifications: Previous experience organizing and scheduling concerts.
Additional qualifications: Excellent interpersonal, written communication, and organizational skills. Flexibility, professionalism, reliability, judgment, and initiative. Positive attitude with ability to interact tactfully and professionally with a variety of constituents. Ability to lift 50 pounds.
Please email your letter of interest and resume to
May 09, 2015
2.5 up to 5 hours/per week, including concert monitoring, $18/hour One year contract position for the 2015/2016 season only
The Jamaica Plain Tuesday Club is a community-based educational and social organization dedicated to improving the lives of our neighbors through historical, cultural, and educational activities. The Club, founded in 1896, preserves the historic Loring-Greenough House (built in 1760) and its grounds for the people of Jamaica Plain. The site is wheelchair accessible.