Under the direction of the Senior Vice President & COO, the Director of Operations is responsible for the strategic direction, planning and execution of the World Golf Hall of Fame & Museum’s operational activities. This position oversees all Museum and IMAX facility operations, including IS/IT, security, guest services, retail and concessions, special events and landscaping. This position will play a key role in leading and managing the Hall of Fame’s relationships with its World Golf Village Partners, including World Golf Village Associates, the hotel, golf courses and property owners associations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Demonstrate impeccable skills in working with the public, including a positive attitude, flexibility and the ability to listen to concerns and resolve problems creatively. Respond, and resolve as necessary, to guest complaints. Coach staff to handle guest problems.
- Establish annual operational budgets that include staffing plans, capital expenditures, building maintenance and improvements, security, IS/IT, concession, retail, landscaping, and the IMAX Theater.
- Develop and implement guest service strategies to ensure a first class customer service for all guests, including developing opening, closing and inventory protocols for the Box Office and retail operations.
- Work with the Sr. Director of Museum Operations on developing the annual budget for museum specific programs, including exhibits, artifact accessions and deaccessions and exhibit specific technology.
- Direct and supervise Fairways Café Chef and all Café functions and related budgets.
- Develop and implement staff training programs, setting performance standards to ensure consistent, quality guest service practices.
- Develop and publish a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) Manual for the Museum and IMAX Theater that details all operating protocols.
- Proactively work with the Hall of Fame’s partners at World Golf Village to assist in creating a world class guest experience.
- Work closely with the other members of the Sr. Management team to achieve the company’s long and short term business objectives.
- Oversee all special events that are brought to World Golf Village
- Perform all miscellaneous and related work as assigned and directed by the COO.
- This position requires a four year degree in a business related discipline and seven to ten years of progressive management experience in the areas of operations and facilities work, event management and retail program management.
- Must be experienced in cash handling, detail oriented, reliable and punctual, and possess strong customer service, supervision and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to balance multiple projects, meet deadlines and communicate effectively.
- This position requires the individual to work well independently and multi-task in a fast-paced environment and who is comfortable with a flexible work schedule that includes nights and weekends and has the ability to work in and contribute to a professional work environment.
- The individual must be able to understand the “large picture” of the mission of the World Golf Hall of Fame and how to successfully impact the guest experience.
- Prefer an individual who has worked in a retail, hospitality or golf operations setting or who has been responsible for the initial receipt of revenue of tickets for a public/visitor access enterprise.
- Prefer an individual who has customer service training experience and has a proven track record of delivering quality customer service in a supervisory setting.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB