Job Summary: The primary responsibility of the Visitor Services Manager is to ensure the highest level of visitor enjoyment, access, safety, and reception at the Frist Center. The Visitor Services Manager oversees and manages the hiring, training, supervision, and motivation of the visitor services team; floor operations; ensures a safe and clean environment for employees, volunteers, and visitors; and acts as a liaison between the administration and the floor staff. He/she creates and implements new strategies and systems as needed; maintains high standards of professionalism, organization, customer service, and efficiency; and works collaboratively with colleagues to meet, and when possible, exceed visitor expectations.
The following duties are normal for this classification. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
Essential Job Functions: Working closely with other Department and Frist Center staff:
- Embrace the Frist Center core values;
- Oversees and manages hiring, training, supervision, and motivation of visitor services staff (including volunteers) to ensure a high level of customer service, visitor satisfaction, and collegiality;
- Develop, refine and manage visitor services policies and procedures to meet or exceed visitor expectations, including issues related to safety, ADA compliance and service, and social services;
- Work closely with facilities staff to ensure public spaces are clean and well maintained;
- Prepares and manages the division budget, orders supplies; prepares and reports visitor services metrics;
- Oversees and manages procedures for opening and closing admissions desks, ticket sales, handling of cash, credit card transaction receipts, coupons, discounts, and special offers;
- Ensures assistance with membership desk duties and customer amenities such as coat check, distribution of audioguides, or group tours as needed;
- Maintains supplies of visitor amenity-related materials such as gallery guides, maps, visitor information;
- Manage ticketing system (including event alcohol drink ticket sales when necessary), coordinating with finance, education, membership, special events, security, and other departments as needed;
- Work with marketing to reach and service affinity groups;-
- Engage with professional organizations related to the position;
- Work closely with appropriate members of the Disaster Preparedness team to assist in development and management of issues and logistics including (but not limited to) crisis intervention, disasters, weather, and visitor/staff safety;
- Working with appropriate departments, ensure/secure sufficient manpower to staff special events including Member events and Frist Fridays;
- Work with volunteers in a positive and constructive manner.
Education: B.A. in Business Management, Non-Profit Management or Hospitality and four years managerial level experience in customer service or hospitality services or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Work Experience: At least two years experience at management level in museum environment, experience working with Altru ticketing systems a plus.
Skills and abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communications and public service skills;
- Ability to develop and manage customer service program and policies, including staff communication and training;
- Ability to manage diverse staff and inspire commitment to Frist Center outreach and education goals and core values;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy; ability to handle demanding challenges are essential;
- Excellent planning and organizational skills;
- Ability to anticipate problems and challenges and develop strategies to address them;
- Ability to work cooperatively in a collaborative and team-oriented environment;
- Ability to effectively manage budget relating to visitor services function;
- Computer skills, including Altru ticketing and word processing.
Job Conditions: This position will require evening and weekend hours.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Demands may include:
· Lifting materials up to 25 pounds
· Stooping, kneeling, bending
· Standing for long periods of time
Please email resume, references, and salary expectations to:
The Frist Center for the Visual Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.