The Development and Marketing Associate reports to the Marketing and Communications Manager and provides key support to the external relations of the Bay Area Discovery Museum: Birthday Parties, Development, Marketing and Membership. This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
Customer Relations and Reservations (30%)
- Serves as primary operator for the Museum, answering telephone and email inquiries about Museum visits and programs. Receives and routes incoming calls to appropriate staff.
- Processes reservations and registers individuals and groups for programs, special events performances, birthday parties, memberships, and summer camps via phone and email requests.
- Communicates regularly with Birthday Party Coordinator to ensure complete communication of party needs; tracks monthly birthday stats and financials.
Database Support and Management (30%)
- Supports the Development, Membership, and Marketing departments by entering data for event attendance, donations, membership sales and ticket sales; assists with tracking, analysis and cultivation.
- Working within an online request system, processes donation requests. Responds to donation requests via phone, email and mail.
- Builds and maintains PR database and tracking of news coverage.
Marketing and Communication (30%)
- Posts calendar listings for Museum across calendar platforms.
- Processes Museum mailings, including general communications, Annual Fund, membership renewals, Individual Giving and other campaigns and projects.
- Assists with other marketing projects including printing, cutting and hanging signage.
Office Management and Administrative Support (10%)
- Provides office support to the administrative offices of the Museum, including sorting incoming mail, ordering supplies and maintaining office appliances and the kitchen.
- Superior customer service skills and phone skills without exception
- Interest in museums, nonprofits, and/or education is desired
- Interest in gaining valuable experience in a variety of core Development and Marketing functions
- Ability to work independently and self-manage
- Driven self-starter who takes initiative with all areas of work
- Creative problem solver
- 2 years office experience or combination of education and professional office experience
- Strong computer skills required. Proficient with Microsoft office and willing to learn database and registration platforms
- Punctual, reliable, trustworthy and responsible
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive, pleasant and helpful attitude with a willingness to learn
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff members and the public
- Attention to detail and great organizational skills with a high degree of accuracy
- Bilingual in Spanish is a benefit
NOTE TO CANDIDATE
Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of a background/criminal check, if extended an offer for an internship position. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses or credentials pertinent to the position.
Please send a cover letter and updated resume to:
Bay Area Discovery Museum
Attn: Jen Helfrich, Marketing and Communications Manager
557 McReynolds Rd.
Sausalito, CA 94965
Please include “Development and Marketing Associate” in the subject line of your email.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
|Contact Person:||Jen Helfrich||Fax:||415-339-3905|
Leave a Reply