The Development Assistant will assume responsibility for supporting The Discovery Museums’ annual giving and events program, and general Development Office operations. S/he will be a positive and professional representative of the Office and the Museums at all times, and be able to interact and work well with colleagues throughout the organization, volunteers, and donors.
Key responsibilities of the position include:
- Administration of Altru database, including gift processing and acknowledgement, reporting, data quality management, training of new staff, and general support as needed for Altru users across all departments.
- All Annual Fund reporting, including donor recognition lists, fund totals, and projections
- Support of Annual Fund mailings, including database needs and coordination with mail-house or in-house staff.
- Logistical support of events, including advance (arranging catering, setup, registration, etc.), day-of and on-site (production of nametags, etc.), and follow-up work
- Oversight of the annual Bid for Kids Discovery Museums’ Online Auction
- Oversight of the annual Community Supporters program for local small-business sponsors
- Administrative support of the Chief Development Officer and CEO as needed
- General office management, including ordering supplies, etc.
- Development Department budget tracking
- Representing The Discovery Museums well at all times
This position is full-time, but a flexible work schedule is possible for the right candidate.
The Discovery Museums offer a creative, fun, and flexible work environment and would value you as part of our organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The ideal candidate will have an affinity for the non-profit sector, a natural ability to provide customer service and a keen attention to detail, be very comfortable using technology (database experience a plus), and desire a casual, collegial work environment. The Development Assistant must be able to attend and provide support at evening and weekend events (less than 12 per year). A personal experience with The Discovery Museums and/or interest in the field of development is a plus.
How To Apply:
Please send resume and cover letter to Marie Beam, Chief Development Officer, The Discovery Museums, at email@example.com.
May 15, 2015
About this Organization:
The Discovery Museums are the children’s and science museums of Metrowest Boston, paired on a single campus in Acton, MA. The two museums—the Science Discovery Museum and the Children’s Discovery Museum—serve families and schools from towns throughout the region, with a commitment to informal education that enhances classroom learning. The hands-on, playful exhibits, developed by professional educators, inspire curiosity, exploration, experimentation and imagination. The Discovery Museums combine manageable scale, convenient location and free parking to provide a fun and engaging experience where children and adults can discover their world together. More information: www.discoverymuseums.org.