Digital Media Manager
Job Number: 66420
Digital Media Manager
Cantor Arts Center
100% FTE, 2-year, fixed term appointment
The Cantor Arts Center is seeking a Digital Media Manager to develop an engaging web and social presence for the museum. Work with team to develop and implement new website and maintain website and social media platforms ongoing. Coordinate developers and designers to finalize and implement a new website and work closely with all departments to update web content for the museum and establish new procedures. Support cross-departmental and interdisciplinary digital projects across campus for special exhibitions and collections-related initiatives. Under direct supervision, coordinate the planning, maintenance, and accessibility of the Cantor Arts Center website content and related content. Ensure the layout, positioning, navigation, and look and feel of content is consistent across the organization. Mentor student interns to maintain social media presence and consistent messaging; identify new platforms and grow Cantor’s social media presence. Generate basic design standards and signage for stanchions and temporary graphics. Serve the staff as a digital resource for technological projects in-gallery (including iPad kiosk displays) and web projects to maintain consistent level of excellence and cohesive visual strategy for the museum.
• Assist in building the underlying web site platform(s) for new and migrating websites as needed.
• Work with developers and users to develop highly functional user interfaces for web-based applications.
• Work with all museum departments to maintain existing content and develop new content to promote programs and services.
• Ensure new pages are user friendly and link properly with existing pages and that people can navigate easily and be linked seamlessly with other relevant Stanford web pages.
• Coordinate and oversee the editorial and quality assurance process with content creators, such as writers and web designers.
• Optimize web content for end user performance. Work may include reformatting text, assuring hyperlink integrity, transferring and translating files, and posting of new material to the page involving HTML scripting. May maintain web site content and information flow.
• Find, diagnose, and fix content problems, including broken links, typographical errors, and formatting inconsistencies. Perform website administration, such as setting provisions and managing access and workflows.
• Compile, analyze, and report statistics regarding all relevant website matrix.
• Assist in the maintenance of security processes and procedures to ensure site security.
• Answer questions from site visitors, or redirect messages to the appropriate person(s).
• Assist with digital gallery installations as needed (iOS troubleshooting, coordinating with outside developers)
• Ensure consistent voice and activity on social media platforms, expand social media presence
• Mentor student interns for social media and digital initiatives as needed
• Design basic stanchion signage, develop templates for consistent stanchion signage throughout museum
• Assist staff with technical troubleshooting related to digital gallery displays (iOS) and web projects as needed
* – Other duties may also be assigned
Percentage breakdown of responsibilities
70% Web Administration
10% Social Media management and development
5% Digital Resource
5% Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and three years of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Clear understanding of web standards and usability methods.
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
• Familiarity with web applications and server products, namely Drupal 7
• Solid understanding of web standards, usability methods, and accessibility considerations.
• Solid knowledge of web authoring, publishing tools, and integrating third-party web programs with Drupal 7
• Solid knowledge of Drupal 7, HTML, CSS, and related web site development technologies and software.
• Knowledge of multimedia and design.
• Proficiency with relational database technology, SQL, Access, and Filemaker Pro.
• Solid knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud and related design programs.
• Basic iOS troubleshooting ability for in-gallery tech displays
• Fluency with major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr)
Certifications and Licenses:
• Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
• Occasionally stand/walk, use a telephone.
• Frequently sitting, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
• Rarely writing by hand, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
• Strong visual acuity.
* – Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
• Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
• Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Note: Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description
Final offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of national criminal background check, national sex offender registry search and, where applicable, driving record.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job: Information Technology Services
Location: School of Humanities and Sciences
Classification Level: H
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford University is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to recruiting and hiring qualified women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.jeid-c000429902265a01f1f8b6e2687d57f0
APPLY FOR THIS JOB