The purpose of this job within the organization is to plan, coordinate, and implement a variety of educational programs for the Municipal Museums.
- Designs, implements, and evaluates educational programs for two museums, including summer camps, weekly and monthly programs, and exhibition related workshops.
- Researches and develops interactive components for exhibits and events, including tour content, labels, and hands-on activities.
- Recruits, trains, supervises, and maintains volunteer corps at both museums.
- Assists with grants at both museums.
- Works with local and regional communities to and ascertain and meet educational needs for both museums.
- Writes and assists in writing: reports, educational curriculum, exhibition catalogues, newsletter articles, special mailings, etc., regarding public educational programs and activities including exhibitions and receptions.
- Supervises, assigns, prioritizes, and evaluates the work of subordinate personnel and volunteers.
- Manages the education grants and budgets for both museums.
- Maintains and demonstrates current knowledge in the field of museum education.
- Compiles data for quarterly reports, including visitor and tour counts, education curriculum, and reports for support organizations and the museums director.
- Initiates and maintains partnerships with community organizations and local school districts.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Museum Studies, Education, History, or a related field. Requires three to five years of experience in formal and/or informal education, or any combination of relevant education and experience. Masters degree preferred.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB