- Provides overall gallery oversight, ensuring the smooth functioning of the gallery, including hosting visitors, and providing a positive visitor experience for guests.
- Administers and assists in the execution of all aspects of exhibitions including troubleshooting technical issues, and ensuring the efficient performance of all equipment.
- Provides direct logistic, administrative, and curatorial support to the Exhibition and Facilities Manager, and aide in preparations for openings, exhibitions and assorted gallery events.
- Works alongside the Director of External Relations in providing general support for special events, tours and private functions.
- Serves as gallery liaison in coordinating related public programming initiatives on and around exhibitions, including public information, community engagement, and outreach.
- Assists in maintaining Le Laboratoire’s inventory of brochures and literature, monitoring the gallery space and reporting on any incidents or issues.
- Tracks ongoing evaluation of gallery programs, reports visitor questions and suggestions, and makes recommendations for program development.
- Complies with Le Laboratoire’s policies and procedures pertaining to the operation of the gallery.
- Makes sure that guests understands and complies with Le Laboratoire’s policies and procedures.
- Maintains professional attitude and work ethic
- Perform other duties as directed by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Art History, Education, or Museum Studies.
- At least one year of related curatorial/museum experience is REQUIRED.
- Deep understanding and knowledge of contemporary visual art.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a visible and approachable presence at all times.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and some holidays.
- Excellent customer service experience skills required.
- Demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills. Detail-oriented and conscientious about work quality
- Friendly and outgoing, able to conduct oneself in a polite and professional manner in a variety of situations.
- Ability to assert oneself when needed in order to enforce policies and protect artwork.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and effectively manage crowds and waiting lines.
- Flexible, adaptable to change, and willing to acquire new skills in an evolving work environment.
Please note that this position requires some evening, weekend, and holiday hours.
Please submit the following via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Gallery Assistant & Interpreter –Full Name”:
- Cover letter describing your relevant professional experience to date and interest in this position
- Three professional references
This position will be filled as soon as we find the right person for this unique opportunity. Applicants should apply as soon as possible.
Please email email@example.com with any questions about applying for this position. No phone calls, please.
Le Laboratoire Cambridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
June 15, 2015
Le Laboratoire Cambridge is a unique art and design center that invites visitors to explore the experiments and wonders of innovators of all kinds discovering at frontiers of science – from leading artists and designers to chefs and master perfumers. Founded in 2007 in Paris by renowned inventor, writer, and Harvard Professor David Edwards, Le Laboratoire now opens in Cambridge as the new center of ArtScience Labs, a global organization dedicated to the development of the most radical ideas that transform the way we learn, imagine and evolve. The design, and architecture, of Le Laboratoire Cambridge, is the work of French designer Mathieu Lehanneur and the American architects Zeke Brown and Josh Fenollosa.