The Boston Center for the Arts is looking for individuals to support Production Management staff for events held in the historic Cyclorama. Events span a broad range of styles and include corporate parties, weddings, art fairs, fashion shows, and trade shows, among others. The House Associate will assist in the preparation, execution and take down of said events. The House Associate will also serve as an arts advocate on behalf of the BCA during events. The main goal of this position is to help the BCA production staff with manual labor and provide excellent customer service.
Position Type: This is a part-time position with an hourly wage paid per event. The position has flexible hours depending on event schedule.
Reports to: Client Relations Manager and Cyclorama Production Manager
- Be part of House Staff for Cyclorama events during load-in, public and load-out hours
- Maintain public safety at all times
- Maintain basic cleanliness of the venue
- Assist with heavy vendor loadings
- Monitor outside venue during Cyclorama event load-in/load-out
- Report possible compliance issue to Production Manager
- Must be able to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50lb
- Strong ability to manage event specific technical issues and requirements
- Must have great customer service skills
- Exceptional time management, communication, and organizational skills
- Production background and ability to operate basic hand-tools is a plus
- Crowd Management Certification required – training provided onsite
How to apply: Please send a letter of interest (including hourly wage requirements) and a resume to:
Efirstname.lastname@example.org (include “House Associate” in the subject line)
MailBoston Center for the Arts
Attn: House Associate
539 Tremont Street
Boston, MA 02116
No phone calls or faxes, please.
The Boston Center for the Arts is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in the workplace by maintaining a staff that represents the traditions and voices of contemporary Boston. Interviews will not be scheduled until we have a diverse pool of candidates from which to select.
For more information about the Boston Center for the Arts, please visit us online at www.bcaonline.org.
June 22, 2015