Assistant ResearcherMuseum of Science, Boston
Innovation and creativity come from the unique perspectives of a diverse staff. We value your perspective.
The Assistant Researcher supports the work of the Research & Evaluation department by collecting, entering, and managing data for research and evaluation studies that focus on informal education experiences. Under the supervision of R&E staff, analyze and report on the collected data and conduct literature reviews on relevant subjects. Support the work of the department by scheduling, communicating, photocopying, etc.
- Assist with 2-5 research/evaluation projects
This position is grant funded, part-time, 24 hours/week, three days a week, with one weekend day included.
Manager, Research & Evaluation
- Less than one year of social science, education, science, or engineering experience.
- Project coordination and data management skills, such as tracking and organizing collected data
- Demonstrated ability in working with computers and Microsoft Office, and some experience with databases
- Demonstrated communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with data collection methods such as interviews, survey administration, and/or structured observations