About the George Washington University
About the Museum
Job Description Summary
The Assistant Director of Development, GW Museum will play an integral role in building a donor base for the museum from the ground up.
Reporting to the museum’s Director of Development, the Assistant Director is charged with identifying, cultivating, and soliciting alumni and friends of the university to support the museum at the leadership ($1,000+) and major gift ($25,000+) levels.
1. Manages a pool of around 100 individual prospects, cultivating and soliciting them via email, phone, letters, events, and personal visits (including 3-5 annual visits to other cities)
2. Develops sponsorship packages and proposals for individuals and corporations to support museum exhibitions, events, and special projects
3. Coordinates with colleagues in the GW’s Division of Development and Alumni Relations on pipeline development and donor stewardship
4. Trains students, through internships and coursework participation, from museum studies, nonprofit management, and related disciplines in development best practices, thus contributing to GW’s educational mission
The Assistant Director is expected to be motivated and work well in a small, fast-paced team environment.
Applicants should submit a cover letter with salary requirements and a resume through the online application portal found at: https://www.gwu.jobs/postings/30481
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus two to four years (2-4) of relevant professional experience. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
2-4 years of professional experience in development, with experience in museum or high education fundraising, preferably both, preferred. Specific experience cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding major and annual gifts from corporations and individuals is preferred.
Advanced knowledge in museum studies, history, arts management, or a related discipline is desirable.
- Washington, Dist. Columbia, 20052, United States
- November 18, 2015
- Assistant Director of Development, GW Museum
- The George Washington University
- 2-3 Years