An Equal Opportunity Employer
NOTICE OF JOB OPENING
Education Data Analyst
The American Museum of Natural History (AMNH) in New York City is one of the premier science, research and cultural institutions in the country. The American Museum of Natural History is seeking a Data Analyst who will play a primary role in supporting projects with data-related needs and supporting strategy development for the collection, analysis, management, and communication of data and metrics to all stakeholders. The Analyst will ensure the quality and integrity of data from multiple sources throughout the museum and will generate reports and analysis that rely on this data as needed.
This position within the department of Education at AMNH and will particularly focus on programs that serve children and youth ages 2-21.
- Assist in day-to-day coordination of entering and updating program participants and their application and enrollment data into multiple internal database applications for approximately 2,200 students annually.
- Review data collection methods and verify that data collected conforms to predefined standards.
- Conduct regular data audits to ensure accuracy and data integrity.
- Create compelling quarterly reports that demonstrate key attributes of students
- Fact-check all statistics quoted in external communications.
- Contribute technical skills to data-related consulting projects as needed (these
could include data strategy, dashboard design, statistical analysis, database development, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s preferred
- At least two years work experience related to data analytics
- Understanding of database organization and design
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel, SQL, and online data collection tools (such as SurveyMonkey and Qualtrics) is required.
- Familiarity with CRM systems required. Experience with Tessitura is preferred.
- Exceptional analytical skills (ideally with a background in statistics) with experience
providing data analysis in a fast-paced, quality-critical environment, preferably to
both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proven track record of asking the right questions to understand needs and develop
- Strong and sustained attention to detail with a high bar for accuracy; calm under
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Track record of establishing effective working relationships with colleagues at all
levels and across teams
- Track Advanced working knowledge of Access and VBA is preferred
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter and resume in Word or PDF format via email with the subject line ‘Education Data Analyst’ to Crystal Byler at email@example.com.