The Facilitator II, Floor Development will perform all core activities of the Facilitator 1 role, engaging guests with scientific exhibit content in a positive, fun, inclusive and educational capacity, providing compelling and personalized exhibit experiences, and performing core operational functions throughout the Museum.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Learn exhibit content and exhibit activities grounded in science, technology, engineering, medicine and aviation.
- Engage guest participation in Museum experience with questions, games, activities and education content related to exhibit and Museum.
- Facilitate exhibit activities with guests.
- Perform core operational functions of exhibits and Museum, including wayfinding and Museum opening and closing procedures.
- Participate in team meetings to create and discuss new exhibit experiences.
- Learn exhibit content and related areas.
- Partner with volunteers and educators to enhance experiences.
- Track and record guests’ frequently asked questions.
- Assist guests who appear lost or who have any issues or problems.
- Anticipate and proactively solve guest issues and needs.
- Help train employees on exhibit content.
- Engage and work with the Manager of Specialized Experiences to effectively understand this role in coordinating special tours, including how to staff each team tour, and be able to apply those skills during his or her absence two days a week.
- Sustain the Museum operationally in the absence of the Manager of Specialized Experiences.
- Lead and coordinate VIP tours and special requests.
- One year of college or one to two years of related or relevant experience.
- Ability to learn and teach exhibit content in a museum environment.
- Ability to effectively present content in exhibits throughout the Museum in both one-on-one and group situations in an engaging, compelling, energetic manner.
- Ability to learn math related to science content.
- Positive attitude required, strong love for working with people in a fun, educational atmosphere.
- Prior museum educational experience, science experience, or theatre experience is important.
- Ability to guide other Facilitators in the absence of formal reporting relationships.
- Ability to talk and engage guests for long periods of time is required.
- Ability to handle several activities at one time.
- Must be available to work some evening hours (until 9:00 p.m.); must be able and willing to work weekends and holidays.
The Museum of Science and Industry is an AA/EOE/ADA employer
- Chicago, Illinois, 60637, United States
- December 7, 2015
- Facilitator II, Floor Development
- Museum of Science and Industry