The Senior Coordinator, Guest Experiences leads the Facilitators in providing exhibit content in a positive, fun, inclusive and educational capacity. This individual works with team members to ensure the content is being communicated to guests in an engaging capacity, and that staff members proactively address guest needs throughout the Museum and perform core operational duties.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensure Facilitators are engaging guests with exhibit content in assigned Museum spaces.
- Manage staff in performance of core operational functions of exhibits, wayfinding and opening and closing of Museum.
- Provide coaching, professional development and immediate performance feedback to Facilitators.
- Assemble teams based on skills, exhibit content and Museum needs.
- Propose creative solutions to problems.
- Assist in managing organizational change.
- Lead teams positively in the creation, development and implementation of new exhibit content and activities.
- Support collaboration with educators and volunteers to enhance or create facilitated exhibit experiences.
- Track and reward outstanding work by team members.
- Conduct daily team meetings prior to opening.
- Greet guests proactively and address any guest questions or needs.
- Ensure Museum opening and closing procedure requirements are met.
- Develop and deliver facilitated experience training and standard ongoing training.
- Perform administrative duties pertaining to Guest Experiences operations.
- Develop and maintain Facilitators schedule and daily rotations in accordance with departmental budget.
- Administer payroll and analyze monthly payroll expenses against budget allocation.
- Assist Manager of Guest Experiences and HR staff in the continual improvement of Guest Experiences teams.
- Assist Marketing with scheduling special group tours.
- Oversee exhibit staffing and Museum operations, including hiring and training of Facilitator 1s.
- Assist in the management of Facilitator 2s and a team of up to 25 Facilitator 1s.
- Bachelor’s degree with three to five years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, is required.
- Minimum of two years’ experience supervising diverse teams.
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) required.
- Ability to research and learn exhibit content grounded in the fields of science, technology, engineering, medicine and aviation.
- Ability to creatively problem-solve.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Ability to lead teams using positive management strategies.
- Team performance maximization skills.
- Ability to talk to and engage guests.
- Ability to handle several activities at one time.
- Bilingual ability a plus.
The Museum of Science and Industry is an AA/EOE/ADA employer.
- Chicago, United States, 60637, United States | Illinois, United States
- December 7, 2015
- Senior Coordinator, Guest Experiences
- Museum of Science and Industry