Innovation and creativity come from the unique perspectives of a diverse staff. We value your perspective.
The Individual Gifts Officer manages a portfolio of 200-250 individual donors, the majority with the capacity to give at the $2,500+ level. The Individual Gifts Officer does this by developing and implementing strategic “moves” to engage them, with the goal of soliciting new donors, and retaining and/or upgrading existing donors into this giving range.
In addition, the Individual Gifts Officer will help manage a range of donor cultivation activities that include individual donor visits, stewardship and cultivation events. This position is responsible for expanding the Museum’s Annual Fund pipeline and identifying, cultivating and soliciting individual prospects for unrestricted gifts that support the Museum’s mission. This position’s effectiveness will be measured by the number of personal contacts over the year, number of personal solicitations and amount of dollars generated.
- Portfolio of 200-250 and over $300,000-$400,000 in Annual Fund revenue
- The Individual Gifts Officer focuses on prospects and upgrading existing donors for Discoverers Society gifts ($2,500+) who account for approximately 80% of the Annual Fund total each year.
- Conducts visits and implements actions with their portfolio to move 250 or more per year through the development process: from identification to solicitation.
This position is full-time, 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday.
Director, Annual Giving
- Bachelors of Science or Arts degree.
- Three (3) or more years of fundraising experience.
- Demonstrated leadership and the ability to successfully manage a variety of projects simultaneously, meeting goals on time.
- Must have interpersonal skills, a commitment to customer service and a proven record of verbal and written communication skills.
- Successful experience in making cold calls as well as developing cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Previous experience promoting organizational fundraising priorities. Developing relationships with staff, trustees, volunteers and advancement office teams.
- Previous experience managing individual prospects and conducting personal high-level solicitations.
Exempt (Salaried). Commensurate with experience.
Benefits for full-time, exempt (salaried) staff include: free parking, T accessibility, 23 vacation days, 12 holidays, 5-10 sick days, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, retirement and savings plan, health care/dependent care flex spending plan, employee discounts, employee referral program, tuition assistance, professional development, direct deposit, free admission, free Duck Tours, discounted movie passes, and much more!
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
January 05, 2016