Innovation and creativity come from the unique perspectives of a diverse staff. We value your perspective.
THE CLUBHOUSE NETWORK:
Based at the Museum of Science, the Intel Computer Clubhouse Network — a global program founded in collaboration with the MIT Media Lab — provides a creative and safe after-school learning environment where young people (ages 10-18) from under-served communities work with adult mentors to explore their own ideas, develop skills, and build confidence in themselves through the use of technology. Using the “flagship” Clubhouse at the Museum as a model, the Intel Computer Clubhouse Network supports 100+ community-based Clubhouses around the world, providing thousands of youth with access to resources, skills, and experiences to help them succeed in their careers, contribute to their communities, and lead outstanding lives.
To learn more about the Computer Clubhouse, please visit here.
Manage all aspects of the Clubhouse Network’s Catalyst Initiative to disseminate Clubhouse knowledge and practice and introduce “Clubhouse-like ideas” in informal educational settings, so they benefit from Clubhouse experience while at the same time the Clubhouse Network gains recognition and visibility in support of further work. Implement the new, first Catalyst partnership with the country of Panama. Identify and establish partnerships with other organizations around the world in support of the Catalyst initiative. Leverage the Clubhouse Network’s “maker” experience, identifying opportunities to promote the soon-to-published Clubhouse book and keep the Clubhouse Network engaged in the maker movement with a focus on inclusive practice.
As geographic liaison, support approximately 15 community-based Clubhouses in a specific region, ensuring each site has the support it needs to meet quality standards of the Clubhouse learning model, and providing guidance through transitions at times of organizational change. Foster collaboration among Clubhouses in designated “geo” region in order to facilitate the sharing of best practices, community-building, and a sustained mutual commitment to Clubhouse design principles.
- Number of Clubhouses to support as geographic liaison: approx. 15
- Number of “Infoplazas” in Panama to which Clubhouse learning model will be introduced: 20+
- Budget for Panama Catalyst project: Phase 1 $90K, Phase 2 approx $100K
- Number of new partnership opportunities to identify: 2-3 per year
This position if grant-funded, full-time, 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday.
Assistant Director, The Clubhouse Network
- Bachelors of Science or Arts degree.
- Three (3) or more years of informal learning, non-profit administration, and/or project management experience.
- Experience with informal learning and experience with the use of technology as a creative and empowering tool
- Experience with community based organizations, in particular community based education programs serving low-income neighborhoods
- Proven ability to influence and lead through collaboration
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Ability to get along with people of diverse backgrounds and abilities
- Demonstrated communication skills, both oral and written
Exempt (Salaried). Commensurate with experience.
Benefits for full-time, exempt (salaried) staff include: free parking, T accessibility, 23 vacation days, 12 holidays, 5-10 sick days, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, retirement and savings plan, health care/dependent care flex spending plan, employee discounts, employee referral program, tuition assistance, professional development, direct deposit, free admission, free Duck Tours, discounted movie passes, and much more!
The Museum of Science is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
No phone inquiries, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted within two to four weeks of initial application.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
February 05, 2016