Responsible for executing on the Michigan Science Center (MiSci) mission through branding, messaging, reputation and customer experience, with an emphasis on Audience Growth and Institutional Marketing. Must ensure that MiSci core values of being a SPARK for STEM curiosity and creativity, a HUB for hands-on STEM learning and conversations about STEM, and a NEIGHBOR fully invested in the strength of our communities and the sustainability of Detroit, Greater Detroit, and Michigan, are communicated and delivered – before, during and after the MiSci experience.
- Possess positive energy and initiative; display passion for MiSci as the STEM Hub of Michigan; committed to community engagement and accessibility to all; able to support and drive culture to grow MiSci experience both internally and externally.
- Must have demonstrated experience in audience and/or sales growth.
- Must have demonstrated experience in developing stakeholder communication and engagement strategies. Demonstrated experience in use of customer relations management systems/databases and digital channels to analyze, segment, and create targeted communication for a diverse group of audiences.
- Expert in advertising and supplier contract negotiation.
- Must be proficient in creating, analyzing and presenting budgets, reports and presentations.
- Must be proficient in delivering messaging to public, media, staff, and Board of Directors. Able to create and manage media training for institutional spokespersons.
- Ability to develop and manage audience data collection strategies – from surveys to point-of-sale data points to focus groups – that drive data-driven, outcome-based ROI on marketing and program strategies.
- Highly experienced in strategy from development to implementation to execution to measurement. Must be creative in strategy adjustment to ensure that the executing staff (customer facing teams) can maximize success and ROI.
- Expert ability to communicate professionally and consistently to all staff and public audiences. Possess and encourage diversity and empathy, and embody MiSci core messaging.
- Ability to lead and manage the following: integrated marketing team and suppliers (including marketing strategy, advertising, web and digital, video, social media, public and media relations), concierge teams (including visitor services, membership, and reservations teams) and the events team.
- Ability to lead, manage and cultivate a diverse team.
- Experience in integrated marketing, hospitality or customer relations, customer satisfaction and sales preferred.
- Experience in branding campaigns, creation of annual reports, and audience newsletters, preferred.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Minimum 5-10 years in management at an executive level
- Minimum of 10-15 years in marketing and communications and/or sales and customer service field
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing/communications, related degree, or job-experience equivalent required. Masters degree or communications certification/specialized training preferred.
- Experience in Greater Detroit market preferred.
- Non-profit experience a plus.
- Experience promoting and communicating STEM or science or museums/science centers/arts and culture institutions a plus.
- Standard physical demands of office work. Able to sit in chair and work at computer for full day of work. Able to lift ≤40 lbs., reach and bend occasionally.
- We have a handicapped-accessible facility with elevators and ramps and will accommodate as needed under Americans with Disabilities Act. We are an equal-opportunity employer.
Interested candidates should send resume, cover letter and application form to both:
email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no phone calls.
- Detroit, Michigan, 48201, United States
- January 11, 2016
- Vice President Marketing & Audience Development
- Michigan Science Center
- Public Relations/Marketing
- Over 10 Years