Maryhill Museum of Art is looking for a creative, forward thinking, and highly motivated museum educator to join the museum’s team as the Curator of Education. As a senior staff member, the Curator of Education creates an innovative and balanced program responding to the museum’s mission and strategic goals. The person in this position provides leadership and vision for the development and implementation of innovative programs, events, partnerships and educational and engagement initiatives that enhance the museum’s educational impact on the community and helps build audience. The staff member in this position oversees daily management, operation and maintenance of current and new programs including but not limited to scheduling, budgeting, safety and evaluation. Duties include the management of the museum’s volunteer program including recruitment, training and retention. The Curator of Education works collaboratively with all staff, the Executive Director, the Education Committee, trustees and volunteers. Responsibilities include direct and indirect supervision of staff, temporary and contract employees, volunteers and interns.
The position is open until filled.This position is Full-time, Salaried, Exempt and Benefit Eligible. At times, weekday evening and weekend hours are required to fulfill program needs. The position reports directly to the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Art History, History, Museum Studies, or a related field.
- Minimum of three years of related experience or a Master’s degree in Education, Art History, History, Museum Studies or related field.
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience designing and implementing programs for public audiences.
- Demonstrated use of technology in managing and/or delivering educational programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the federal and state standards as well as the 21st century skills curriculum standards.
- Demonstrated knowledge of museum interpretation and understanding of future trends in the industry.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, a sense of humor and experience working on a team.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with staff, volunteers, trustees, committee members and donors.
- An understanding of Visual Resource Training (VTS) is desirable.
- Experience at grant writing is a plus.
- Goldendale, Washington, 98620, United States
- January 13, 2016
- Curator of Education
- Maryhill Museum of Art