IT Support Associate
Configures, installs and maintains Windows and Macintosh desktop hardware and software in a networked environment. Logs user requests in helpdesk database and resolves issues as necessary. Provides support to all point-of-sale locations, including ticketing and food service. Provides basic network troubleshooting. Provides assistance and problem solving and basic computer training to all users. Assists senior members of IT department, when needed.
1. Deploys new systems and rebuilds used systems with standardized software package while maintaining end user data and preference settings. Provides the installation of department specific software packages and/or software settings on end user workstations, as well as repairs and maintains specific software. Use disk imaging, when necessary.
2. Inspects and determines causes of point of sale hardware and/or software failure. Repairs and replaces damaged hardware and corrects damaged software settings. Provides routine maintenance and keeps inventory of point of sale hardware components, as well as software settings per department specifications.
3. Perform troubleshooting to isolate, diagnose, and repair issues with PCs, laptops peripherals.
4. Setup and configuration of all smartphones, mobile devices and clients for remote access.
5. Performs basic network troubleshooting.
6. Provides routine desktop and laptop maintenance (software upgrades, security patches and installations, virus, spyware and adware removal)
7. Serve as a backup to the A/V Support Lead, as needed. Perform repairs, setups and problem solve, as needed and with direction from A/V lead.
8. Works a schedule which includes one weekend day in order to provide essential coverage for all retail point of sale locations and help desk support to weekend staff
9. Updates helpdesk database and maintains accurate inventory of existing resources. Responsible for physical organization of work rooms and IT storage closets.
10. Provides staff training for new technology, when required.
11. Support and assists with networked copiers, printers, and fax machines within the aquarium.
Minimum Training and Experience
• Requires BA/BS degree or equivalent and 1 ½ – 3 years of related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Participates in after-hours support as needed and on a rotational ‘on-call’ basis.
• Must possess excellent problem solving skills with the ability to work efficiently and constructively with both internal and external customers and vendors.
• Must possess excellent communication skills
• Ability to work independently under minimal supervision on assigned tasks as well as a contributing team member on larger projects.
• Professional, helpful, and approachable at all times.
• Hardware knowledge: Windows and Macintosh desktop and laptop computers, mobile handheld devices and peripheral equipment such as laser jet printers, LCD projectors, basic network knowledge, point-of-sale hardware knowledge, and termination of Ethernet cabling.
• Experience with Microsoft Windows 7, XP, MS Office 2007, Apple – Mac OS X Snow Leopard, MS Office for Mac, Entourage, Symantec Anti-virus, Retrospect, Adobe Acrobat
• Experience with Droid, Windows Mobile, Blackberry, and iPhone OS preferred.
Please visit https://neaq.applicantpro.com/jobs/
January 22, 2016