Innovation and creativity come from the unique perspectives of a diverse staff. We value your perspective.
The Human Resources Manager plays an integral role in the operations of the Human Resources and Volunteer Services department. Working closely with the Vice President of Human Resources, this position oversees a staff of five full time employees, including the Volunteer and Internship Programs. This position is responsible for developing and administering policies and procedures for the Museum. S/he will also oversee Museum employee focused programs and the issue resolution process.
- Direct the work of 5 full time staff, direct and oversee a 700 person volunteer program, direct and oversee 200 intern placements annually. Oversee the operations and attend the annual July 4th Volunteer event.
This position is full-time, 40 hours/week, Monday – Friday.
Vice President Human Resources
- Bachelors of Science or Arts degree preferred.
- Seven (7) years or more of Human Resources generalist with depth in compensation and benefits experience
- Demonstrated experience in working with a diverse population
- Demonstrated experience in managing staff
- Experience in researching and writing policies and procedures
- Demonstrated collaboration skills
- Demonstrated ability to promptly investigate and successfully resolve employee concerns
- Familiarity with employment law
- Experience with compensation and benefits
Exempt (Salaried). Commensurate with experience.
Benefits for full-time, exempt (salaried) staff include: free parking, T accessibility, 23 vacation days, 12 holidays, 5-10 sick days, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, retirement and savings plan, health care/dependent care flex spending plan, employee discounts, employee referral program, tuition assistance, professional development, direct deposit, free admission, free Duck Tours, discounted movie passes, and much more!
The Museum of Science is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
No phone inquiries, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted within two to four weeks of initial application.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
February 12, 2016