Manager of Engineering Services
Engaging. Dynamic. Fun.
As one of the world’s renowned art museums, the MFA boasts a collection that spans nearly all cultures and time periods—ranging from the art of ancient Egypt to French Impressionism to Contemporary. There’s art and so much more to interest people from all walks of life. The Museum is a lively social destination that offers concerts, films, and lectures while also serving as an important community and educational resource for schools and families.
Our mission is to preserve and share our treasures with Boston and beyond while providing an engaging and memorable experience for all our visitors. This would not be possible without our talented staff, volunteers, donors, members, and community partners.
Our culture is built on scholarship, collaboration, trust, and mutual respect. We embrace change and the opportunity it brings and are committed to develop, reward, and retain our valuable staff.
Join us for what promises to be an enriching, vibrant, and ever-changing experience. And, yes, a fun place to work!
Under the general direction of the Director of Facilities, the Manager of Engineering Services is responsible for managing the daily operation and maintenance of the physical plant of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston (MFA). Essential functions include: manage direct report staff, including the electrical shop supervisor and the engineering supervisor, and indirectly manage employees in the bargaining unit; responsible for overseeing the maintenance and repair of HVAC systems in order to provide precise climate control for the preservation of the Museum’s collection, Museum visitors and staff; provide engineering and support as required to all MFA properties; maintain financial data, inspection reports and related service contracts; assist the Director of Facilities with developing and managing the annual budget; manage vendor relationships, outside contractors, safety training for staff and ensure that OSHA safety standards are met; provide project management for assigned capital projects, exhibit installations and renovations; work with various Museum departments on building related projects.
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering or other relevant Facilities Management training.
• Minimum of ten years of experience in Facilities Management (preferably in a Museum environment).
• Comprehensive knowledge of electrical, HVAC, plumbing, DDC, fire and energy management systems.
• A demonstrated track record of managing and motivating staff.
• Experience in union environment a plus.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including managing vendor/contractor relationships.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Strong project management skills, budget management, planning, procurement and forecasting.
• Proficiency with computers (Microsoft Word, Excel and building automation systems).
• Essential physical demands include: the ability to sit and stand for extended periods; frequently turn, twist, bend, stoop, lift up to 50lbs, climb ladders and reach over head; working in confined spaces may be required.
• The ability to stay abreast of new developments in Facilities Management, including safety and other legal requirements.
• Required to be available, on-call, 24/7 for emergencies.
For consideration, please submit your cover letter and résumé to: email@example.com. You may also submit your materials via postal mail to: Human Resources Department, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 465 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115.
The Museum of Fine Arts, Boston is an Equal Opportunity Employer and seeks diversity in its workforce.
March 09, 2016