The Curatorial Fellowship Program at the Harvard Art Museums is designed to broaden the experience of scholars embarking on professional and academic careers in art history who are considering the museum profession.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Curatorial Fellow participates in all aspects of planning the special exhibition “The Bauhaus and Harvard” under the supervision of its curator, Laura Muir, Research Curator for Academic and Public Programs, and Lynette Roth, Daimler Curator of the Busch-Reisinger Museum. The exhibition, which will be presented in 2019 on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the founding of the Bauhaus, will focus on the Museums’ own Bauhaus holdings, one of the most significant collections of Bauhaus materials outside Germany.
- The Curatorial Fellow assists with a broad range of other curatorial activities, including preparation of interpretive materials, cataloguing of the permanent collection in the Art Museums’ database, and donor cultivation.
- Foregrounding the museum’s teaching and research mission, the Curatorial Fellow helps provide content expertise for the Art Museums’ Art Study Center by supporting classes and individual appointments six hours a week, and contributes to a rich offering of public and academic interpretive programs across various platforms.
- The Fellow may supervise students and temporary employees.
MA in Art History
- Proficiency in German
- PhD preferred
- Curatorial or related experience
- Commitment to fostering the appreciation of works of art in a museum context
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills; ability to work independently as well as collegially
Applications must be submitted through Harvard’s Recruitment Management System, ASPIRE:
A complete application includes a letter of interest, résumé or curriculum vitae, transcript, English-language writing sample, and three letters of recommendation. Complete applications will be reviewed beginning on March 1, 2016 until the position is filled.
- Please apply online with letter and curriculum vitae. Please upload transcript, and one article-length, English-language writing sample.
- Please ask references to send letters of recommendation to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org (please note that the letters of reference will be verified).
- Cambridge, Massachusetts, 02138, United States
- February 3, 2016
- Curatorial Fellow
- Harvard Art Museums
- 1-2 Years
- Master’s Degree
- 0-1 Year
- $50,000.00 – $50,000.00 (Yearly Salary)