The Deputy Director for Development of the Brooklyn Museum is looking to hire a passionate, forward-thinking, and art-loving individual to fulfill an essential support role as Development Assistant in his office and in the Development Division of the Museum. The Development Assistant acts as the oil, glue, and foundation of the Deputy Director’s office and directly supports the Deputy Director, and serves an ancillary support function to the Board Liaison, the Division on the whole, and the Director’s Office on an ad hoc basis.
The Brooklyn Museum is currently experiencing unprecedented growth momentum, with a visionary new director at the helm. The Development Division, headed by the Deputy Director, is responsible for all fundraising activities, events, and liaisons with key stakeholders across all donor constituencies, and serves as a definitive focal point of the Museum’s relationships with it supporters and key influencers in the community and the Museum’s program and curatorial staff. The ideal Development Assistant will relish a significant learning opportunity to be in a key role at the heart of the organization in direct support of its critical staff, and will eagerly seek to educate oneself about the multifaceted programming and collections of one of the world’s greatest encyclopedic and artistic resources—the Brooklyn Museum.
The day-to-day activities and functions of the Development Assistant may include but are not limited to:
– Actively managing the Deputy Director’s calendar, with the proactive understanding that precision and dexterity is essential to the effective running of the Division as well as in supporting the institution’s most important relationships; answer all incoming calls
– Draft the Deputy Director’s correspondence, including cover emails, donor acknowledgements and internal memos.
– Proactively coordinate the Deputy Director’s portfolio of donors and key stakeholders, including an action and follow-up oriented stance in “moves management”
– Ability to take on a large amount of administrative support work with a graceful attitude and with the understanding that effective administration serves a tremendously strategic role in the successful functioning of the department
– Capacity to consider and implement the improvement of systems and processes, in collaboration with other members of the team
– Support the Board Liaison & Development Communications Manager with the Division’s most important stakeholder relationships (Boards of Trustees & Advisors)—this might include but is not limited to general administrative support, drafting correspondence and acknowledgment letters, supporting and planning logistics for in-person meetings, scheduling meetings and conference calls, and as requested, serving as support function at the meetings themselves including note-taking and tracking follow-up actions
– Coordinate the marketing and logistics of Art+Study, a VIP travel program designed to bring once-in-a-lifetime experiences to the Museum’s top-level donors
– With a keen eye for strategic organization, maintain the office’s hard-copy files; order and maintain office supplies and stationery; proactively support the Deputy Director & Board Liaison in effective organization
– Be available (as requested) to work occasional evenings at Museum events, providing an opportunity to engage directly with Museum leadership, donors, stakeholders, artists
– Liaise with Operations and Finance departments for various and essential Divisional operations
– Provide general, cheerful, enthusiastic support throughout the department as requested
Reports to: Deputy Director for Development
Schedule: Full-time, permanent
To Apply: Please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: email@example.com
- Brooklyn, New York, 11238, United States
- February 2, 2016
- Development Associate
- Brooklyn Museum