Job Title: Dock Master
Open Period: Open Until Filled
Location: Landover, MD
WHO WE ARE
Artex is the nation’s largest and most comprehensive fine art service provider to museums, galleries, auction houses and private collectors. We specialize in the safe handling of fine art, antiques and museum objects of all kinds. We provide transportation, crating and packing, storage, installation, rigging, and conservation services to museums, galleries, and auction houses, as well as private and corporate collections. No matter the size or scope of the job, we provide solutions that meet or exceed the expectations of our clients, while ensuring them the most cost effective service possible. For this reason ARTEX is routinely chosen to handle the most complex and demanding of projects, ranging from entire museum relocations to the shipment of an individual piece.
The Dock Master is responsible for coordinating receiving, releasing, and tracking of all cargo and materials. Ensures the safe, professional movement of freight in response to colleague’s and customer’s requests.
- Responsible for scheduling all freight including artwork, materials (lumber, foam etc.) and ancillary release/receives on each of the docks.
- Responsible for barcoding and tracking all transit shipments within the warehouse.
- Confers with all Artex offices daily to schedule dock times, direct assignments and to assist local trucks.
- Confers with outside carriers and their trucks to schedule, confirm and assign docks daily.
- Collaborates with Warehouse Manager, Storage Manager, Customer Service Representatives (CSR), and Dispatch to coordinate the proper release/receive of freight.
- Reviews and creates Bill of Ladings in collaboration with CSR’s and Warehouse Manager daily.
- Confers with Warehouse Manager for labor needs on a daily or project basis.
- Responsible for dock maintenance and cleanliness.
- Provides courteous reception to all clients, outside vendors, and contractors.
- Collaborates with the Warehouse Manager on the proper organization and maintenance of the Local Transit Area.
- Assists in the training of new staff in their assignments.
- Redirects requests beyond the scope of this position to the proper Artex division.
- Ability to operate forklifts, pallet jacks and related warehouse equipment.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as assigned by the Warehouse Manager.
The ideal candidate will possess the following education, experience and competencies and attributes as minimum qualifications:
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Related bachelor’s degree; or three (3) to five (5) years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
COMPETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Must be able to independently plan, schedule, and carry out major processes and projects with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Proven customer service and problem solving skills, working face-to-face and on-site with customers.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory Domain Services
- Working knowledge of VMware Virtual environments
- In depth knowledge in Microsoft Windows Server products 2003, 2008 and 2012, VEEM backup systems, desktop operating systems (Windows 7 and 10, Mac OS).
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of IP protocols, firewalls, and routers.
- Experience configuring, installing, and troubleshooting centralized network infrastructure such as routers, switches, and firewalls.
The compensation package will be commensurate with education and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
For immediate consideration; please submit your cover letter, resume and salary history/requirements to DeAira Mitchell in our HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put Dock Master in subject line.
Consideration will be granted ONLY to those who possess the minimum requirements as stipulated. Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply. Artex, Inc. is a federal contractor and an EOE AA M/F/VET/DISABLED employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, medical condition or disability or protected veteran status. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact the Human Resources Department at (301) 350-5500.
- Maryland, United States
- February 4, 2016
- Dock Master
- Artex, Inc.
- 3-5 Years