Assist the Registration department in the activities related to the care and documentation of the museum´s collection and objects on loan. Assist photographer to digitize collection objects. Edits image and metadata and disseminates digital records to internal and external resources.
- Assists contract photographer with photographing collection objects, processing and editing images and associated metadata. Maintains quality control and organization of digital assets. Maintains and links digital assets and associated metadata in collections database.
- Works with Chief Registrar and Associate Registrar to coordinate digital collection activities.
- Provides team members within the museum with access to digital collections, and works with requests from FIU community and external partners.
- Assists with inventory and cataloguing of the collection, and other collection documentation projects as assigned.
- Assists with the care and use of the collections by ensuring proper storage and handling.
- Assists with packing, installation and de-installation of objects on loan.
- Manages rights and reproduction requests
Bachelor’s degree in related discipline and two (2) years’ experience in related field OR Master’s degree in related discipline.
– Minimum one(1) year experience in a similar environment
– BA or BFA in Art, Art History or related field
– Knowledge of museum registration methods, collections care and art handling
– Some experience with studio photography techniques
– Comfortable using both PC and MAC platforms
-Knowledge of best practices relating to museum collections
– Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Bridge and collection management database systems (especially Zetcom’s MuseumPlus)
– Self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
Ability to work occasional evenings, weekends and at locations outside of the University
Please visit: careers.fiu.edu for more information. Job ID: 510907
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Miami, Florida, 33199, United States
- February 5, 2016
- Museum Collections Specialist
- Florida International University – The Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum
- Registrar/Collections Management
- 1-2 Years