The SAINT LOUIS ART MUSEUM has an opening for an EDUCATOR OF ADULT LEARNING. This position reports to the Head of Multigenerational Learning, and supervises independent contractors, along with interns and volunteers, as appropriate.
To manage the Museum’s Adult Learning initiatives; to develop and deliver strategically aligned and sustainable activities for adult audiences with a range of learning motivations and preferences. To work with Learning & Engagement, Membership, Development, Events, Marketing and other staff to build balanced programming for the Museum’s public initiatives.
DUTIES & WORK PERFORMED
- With the Head of Multigenerational Learning, define and articulate an Adult Learning strategy that aligns with the departmental philosophy and contributes to the advancement of institutional strategic priorities;
- Create an active program of dynamic and innovative Adult Learning initiatives for the public, in collaboration with Curators and other Museum colleagues;
- Develop and implement programming for all adult audiences related to the collections and special exhibitions;
- Maintain strong cooperative relationships with collaborative institutions to support partnership opportunities;
- Present occasional programs and tours;
- Oversee budget, supervise independent contractors, interns and volunteers in conjunction with Adult Learning activities;
- Participate in cross-functional teams and contribute to museum-wide projects;
- Regularly evaluate and report on Adult Learning initiatives and make adjustments;
- Work closely with Audience Development, Marketing and Visitor Services to promote programs and communicate with audiences about the Museum’s Adult Learning offerings;
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Master’s degree in a humanities area (preferably art, art education, or art history) and 3-5 years of museum education experience; proven history of successful program development and evaluation; excellent teaching skills; excellent written and communication skills.
Required: Ability to balance strategic thinking and planning with day-to-day administrative duties; strong organizational skills and attention to detail; familiarity with current art and museum education strategies. Must be able to work collaboratively and proactively with diverse colleagues, collaborators and audiences.
Preferred: Supervision and budget experience.
The above statements of this job description describe the general duties and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They do not claim to describe all of the functions of this position. Employees may be assigned other duties and the essential functions may change or be changed from time to time.
FOR CONSIDERATION, MUST APPLY ONLINE AT: www.slamcareers.org
- St. Louis, Missouri, 63110, United States
- February 11, 2016
- Educator, Adult Learning
- Saint Louis Art Museum
- Master’s Degree
- 3-5 Years
- $51,552.00 – $63,151.00 (Yearly Salary)