The Buffalo Bill Center of the West in Cody, Wyoming, seeks candidates for a Senior Registrar position. Under the direction of the Director of Museum Services, the Senior Registrar ensures the efficient and professional execution of the duties and functions of the Registration Department. Duties include: maintaining collections records including loan agreements, condition reports, accession records, location changes, insurance records, transaction files, and collection inventories, staying current with new technologies and methodologies and integrating them into the Center’s Registration activities, and assisting with the annual planning, budgeting, and reporting processes.
The Center offers an excellent benefit package and competitive wages. Interested candidates should send their cover letter, resume, references and salary history to: Buffalo Bill Center of the West Human Resource Department, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. For a job description and additional information about the center refer to: http://centerofthewest.org/about-us/employment/.
For more information, please call Chris Searles, Human Resources Manager at 307-578-4089.
Candidates for the position should have a minimum of a four year degree in museum studies or related field and three years employment experience in the field of registration. A master’s degree with a focus on registration is preferred. We are seeking an individual who has successfully led change who possesses qualities of teamwork, adaptability, good humor, and the ability to work cooperatively with other staff and to also work independently.
Additional requirements include:
- A minimum of three years of employment in registration.
- Experience with collections handling and storage and exhibit installation, de-installation, and shipping.
- Strong knowledge of data base software, (Argus experience preferred), used for registration.
- Strong software skills in Microsoft Office Suite. Must have the ability to put together basic spreadsheet analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Exceptional organization skills, project management skills and attention to detail.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Cody, Wyoming, 82414, United States
- February 11, 2016
- Senior Registrar
- Buffalo Bill Center of the West
- Registrar/Collections Management
- 3-5 Years