Position Title: Director of Advancement
Reports to: President / CEO
About HistoryMiami Museum:
Founded in 1940, HistoryMiami Museum’s mission is to connect people by telling the stories of Miami’s communities, individuals, places and events. We do this by exploring our past to inspire our future.
Operational revenues: +$6.1million
For more information about HistoryMiami Museum, please visit www.historymiami.org
Position Scope and Objectives:
Reporting to and working in close collaboration with the President/CEO, the Director of Advancement will design and execute a comprehensive development strategy for HistoryMiami Museum to ensure a strong base of ongoing financial support. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal communications skills and be creative, self-directed, energetic, and a team player. Other key attributes include leadership, management, and fundraising experience (both for operations and endowment), the ability to “sell” the institution and its programs, build collaborative relationships, financial savvy, and a track record of results. S/he also will form and manage the HistoryMiami Museum development team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fundraising: Work with the management team to identify a comprehensive menu of fundable projects, design and implement annual and long-term fundraising campaigns
- Build donor base: Ability to identify, acquire, and renew grant funders, individual, corporate and foundation contributors
- Form and manage development team: Work with the President to form a development team which includes identifying staffing needs, interviewing prospective candidates and managing the team.
- Relationship building: Ability to build and strengthen relationships with people of culturally diverse backgrounds, ages and circumstances. Develop strong interpersonal relationships, work and communicate effectively with constituents, members of the Board of Trustees and staff of HistoryMiami Museum.
- Membership Program: Develops programs and initiatives designed to increase membership at all levels.
- Endowment and Planned Giving: Design and implement the activities of an ongoing endowment and planned giving program.
- Budgeting: Develop, maintain and report on budgets and responsible for advancement record keeping systems.
- Development/Fundraising: 3 – 5 years of leading a fundraising team and building an annual giving and major gifts program. Successful solicitation of six or seven figure gifts.
- Project Leadership: Experience in planning, leading, and managing development projects, including coordinating with peers to achieve desired outcomes, and tracking and reporting on progress to senior managers and Board of Trustees.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Takes initiative and actively seeks to deepen current donor relationships and to forge new ones.
- Communications: Skilled in creating powerful, compelling written and oral communications for fundraising. Ability to convey complex ideas through brief, simple materials. Experience and credibility when presenting materials to external audiences. Being bilingual and biliterate in Spanish is a plus.
- Influencing: Gets others to accept ideas by using convincing arguments, creates a win-win situation and responds appropriately to key stakeholders.
- Collaboration: Effective at working with others to reach common goals and objectives.
- Commitment: Passionate to HistoryMiami’s mission, vision and values.
Send letter of interest, resume and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be advised we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the open positions. Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at HistoryMiami.
- Miami, Florida, 33101, United States
- February 23, 2016
- Director of Advancement
- History Miami Museum
- 3-5 Years