- Participate in the cleaning, maintenance, and repair of exhibits – under direction of Museum personnel when necessary.
- Maintain equipment and supplies, including ordering of materials.
- Maintain lighting, A/V, and mechanical components of exhibits.
- Assist in construction of exhibit components and accessory materials.
- Assist in the installation and deinstallation of exhibits by collaborating with crewmembers and other Museum staff.
- Assist in the crating, packing, and storage of all exhibit related material.
- Program area or department work-related duties as assigned.
- May handle objects and specimens for the Museum collections, as well as material from lending institutions.
This position has the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in art, science, or media field from an accredited college, or equivalent work experience.
- Two years of experience in the preparation of Museum exhibitions.
- Basic painting, carpentry, metalwork, and shop skills.
- Computer proficiency, knowledge of computer programming preferred.
- Proficiency with various types of audiovisual equipment; including video projectors, camera, lighting fixtures, gels, gobos, and audio equipment (mixers, amplifiers, microphones, etc.) preferred.
- Use of basic shop tools.
- Basic electrical skills.
- Willingness to work on personnel lift, up to 26 foot ceiling height.
- Extremely physical position requiring extended periods of standing, stooping, walking, lifting, pulling, pushing, reaching, and tool and machine use.
- May be asked to work overtime or to shift schedule to meet departmental needs.
- Occasional need to wear protective equipment (respirator, goggles, gloves, etc.).
- Must have excellent communication skills to work closely with Museum Professionals to ensure that all work is executed in a safe, proper, and timely manner.
- Excellent organizational/time-management skills.
- Los Angeles, California, 90007, United States
- February 22, 2016
- Exhibits Technician
- Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County
- 2-3 Years