The Accounting Associate reports to the Director of Finance & Administration and works closely with the Bookkeeper, the Development Associate and interacts with members of all departments throughout the Museum. The Accounting Associate is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of cash receipts and for the reconciliation of bank statements and general ledger accounts. The Accounting Associate produces monthly financial statements and assists in a variety of functions for the Finance & Administration department.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely preparation and posting of monthly general ledger entries and account reconciliations. This includes assistance with the month end closings, the annual year-end audit and other reporting to local, state and federal government agencies and other accounting processes.
- Responsible, with the Bookkeeper, for the accurate and timely processing of cash receipts including the preparation of bank deposits and verification of cash totals. This requires detailed documentation of all funds received and processing the donation box receipts.
- Responsible for providing monthly financial statements.
- Responsible for administrative and personnel support within the department.
- Responsible for learning all modules of the accounting program and providing backup to the Bookkeeper position.
- All other duties as assigned.
The Accounting Associate must:
- have a Bachelors degree in Accounting or Business Administration or a related field with at some coursework in Accounting.
- have 1-2 years experience in accounting or office administration.
- have excellent computer skills with proficiency in Accounting software and Microsoft Excel.
- have significant attention to detail, a high level of accuracy and the capability to prioritize various functions.
- have sound problem solving and communication skills, and the ability to work in a congenial manner.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Human Resources at: email@example.com
March 25, 2016