The Chief Marketing Officer is an integral and key member of the executive team. As a member of the executive team, the Chief Marketing Officer works collaboratively across departments to elevate the Center’s earned revenue, optimize attendance, and grow brand visibility within the market for all of the Center’s programmatic offerings. The Chief Marketing Officer is responsible for effectively managing a high-performing team in both sales and marketing.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Arizona Science Center maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants. We recruit, hire, train, promote, compensate and dismiss employees on the basis of such factors as experience, character, ability and skill, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or heritage, age, marital or veteran status, disability, citizenship, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Define and execute sales strategy to increase repeat attendance and special engagements.
• Provide training and coaching to sales staff that is aligned with goals and objectives.
• Clearly articulate the vision of the sales strategy to the organization so it is embraced at all levels.
• Generate and grow awareness through an integrated marketing approach (owned, digital, paid, earned and shared).
• Understanding of web and user experience (UX) plus website development, wireframes, API integration, responsive design trends, open source CMS platforms, user interfaces etc.
• Increase the Science Center’s utilization of digital excellence to grow market share; this includes website strategy and technology, SEO and SEM, and other digital acquisition strategies.
• Be the organizational champion for the usage of big data analytics to drive growth and improve ROI. This includes the integration of data from CRM and other enterprise systems.
• Leading a culture of optimization through A/B testing to find the best tactics that drive growth.
• Understanding of apps and mobile platforms, keeping up-to-date on the creative technology driving engagement in progressive admissions revenue organizations.
• Experience in leading web and social content development that continuously increases audience, engagement and impressions. This includes content management for a blog, FB, Twitter, Instagram, You Tube, Pinterest and Vine.
• Responsible for organization-wide brand management, PR and communications.
• Responsible for developing campaigns for traveling exhibitions including demographic/target audience targeting, media planning and buying, key art creative design and development, promotional planning and execution, , on-site/property signage, ongoing monitoring and adjustment to hit proforma sales goals, etc.
Management of the Marketing, Graphics, Guest Sales & Services, Group Sales, and Membership teams. Includes oversight of training and coaching to front line sales staff that is aligned with goals and objectives. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training the employee(s); planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employee(s); addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Minimum Requirements for the Position:
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Communications or a related field
- Minimum of five years of marketing and sales experience.
- Senior leadership experience with proven sales track record in a high-volume admissions, retail or hospitality guest service and sales environment. Experience with event management, group sales and reservations.
- High-level operations experience in cash handling, open and closing procedures, POS systems/data entry, inventory management, staff coaching and accountability, scheduling, event set-up and takedowns etc.
- PR and communications experience in a complex business environment that serves donors, government, schools, corporations, teachers, parents, students, general public, and internal stakeholders.
- Experience directing graphic design team.
- Multi-tasking and prioritization; finding ways to improve processes to handle workload.
- Sense of urgency for goal achievement.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize competing demands and meet deadlines.
- Quick decision making in response to changing conditions.
- Collaboration focused on results.
- Directive leadership to assure business results are achieved.
- Effectively delegate and empower a creative team.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Familiarity with Tessitura software program preferred but not required.
- Phoenix, Arizona, 85004, United States
- February 26, 2016
- Chief Marketing Officer
- Arizona Science Center
- Public Relations/Marketing
- 5-7 Years