Carolina Art Association (dba Gibbes Museum of Art)
Director of Finance and Administration
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Director of Finance and Administration serves as the Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer of the Association. The Gibbes Museum of Art has an annual budget of approximately $1.7 million, 16 full-time staff, and approximately 15 part-time staff. The GMA has recently completed a total renovation of its 110 year-old building, with a small addition, and a total renovation of an outside garden. Its typical sources of revenue include contributions from donors and members, gate receipts from visitors, tuition from summer camps, lectures, and workshops, fees from event rentals, and income from a Museum store and café.
- Accounting and Financial Oversight: Professional accounting duties to include monitoring and updating internal controls, facilitating the external audit and 990, financial analysis and reporting, and supervising the Accounts Manager. Serves as staff liaison to the Board of Director’s finance/investment committee and provides advice to other committees as necessary in regard to fulfilling their fiduciary responsibilities.
- Payroll Processing: Bi-monthly payroll processing utilizing ADP. Maintenance of leave, earnings deductions, and time reporting.
- Reviews agreements, contracts, and grant/contributor documents, consulting with attorneys and others as necessary.
- Other administrative activities as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Budget Preparation and Monitoring: Plans, drafts, and coordinates approval of the annual budget and multi-year projections working closely with the Executive Director and department heads.
- HR oversight and maintenance of employee records: Coordinates and annual benefits program to include Medical and Dental insurance, and 401K program.
- Oversee Investments of various Restricted and Endowment Funds through an outside investment manager.
Education and Experience:
- MBA and/or CPA required.
- Four years’ nonprofit or government experience as a Finance Director or Controller, Ten years’ overall experience as a professional accountant. Human resources experience desirable.
Qualifications / Additional Information:
- Demonstrated success in accounting and financial management including knowledge of Nonprofit Accounting.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations relating to human resources; knowledge of employee benefit programs and group insurance and pension products.
- Knowledge and experience with property and liability insurance, procurement practices, and operational business contracts.
- Demonstrated ability to work and effectively interface with colleagues, board members, and the public.
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical and strategic thinker yet effectively execute lower level “hands on” responsibilities such as journal entry preparation and entry into the accounting system.
- PC proficiency is essential, including Microsoft office suite and Quickbooks.
- Charleston, South Carolina, 29401, United States
- February 29, 2016
- Director of Finance and Administration
- Gibbes Museum of Art
- Master’s Degree
- 3-5 Years
- $65,000.00 – $75,000.00 (Yearly Salary)