San Antonio Museum of Art seeks a Curatorial Assistant to provide support to the Coates-Cowden-Brown Senior Advisor for Asian Art. The Curatorial Assistant will provide administrative and office support, as well as assist with exhibition and collection research, generation and maintenance of documents and images, and coordinate department and committee meetings.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Assist the Coates-Cowden-Brown Senior Advisor for Asian Art with a range of research and administrative tasks
- Organize and schedule meetings and maintain department’s calendar
- For exhibition and collection development: research works of art; coordinate and correspond with colleagues at other institutions; coordinate hotel and travel arrangements
- Assist advisor with catalogue and brochure production, including gathering of images and author contributions, securing rights and reproductions, and maintaining project schedules
- Produce and maintain exhibition and collection checklists
- Assist advisor with tracking the budget, all mailings, and travel (when required)
- Coordinate all committee meetings: email reminders of upcoming meetings, prepare presentations and materials for meetings, set up and take minutes for each meeting
- Perform additional administrative duties as requested
- Provide office and communication support while Coates-Cowden-Brown Senior Advisor for Asian Art is out of the office
Education and Job Requirements:
Qualifications should include a Bachelor of Arts degree, with a background or studies in Art and/or Art History, prior museum and/or college experience in Art History desirable; must have knowledge of and interest in Asian art. Prior museum experience is preferred. The Curatorial Assistant of Asian Art must demonstrate excellent written, presentation, and communication skills. In addition, the Curatorial Assistant must be highly organized, have strong administrative skills (record keeping and research), and be able to work concurrently on multiple projects. Must also have very strong computer skills, and have experience using a Mac. Position is Full-Time requiring regular business office hours Monday – Friday; evening and weekend hours may be required for Museum events and programs.
Interested applicants may email cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
San Antonio Museum of Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- San Antonio, Texas, 78215, United States
- March 7, 2016
- Curatorial Assistant for Asian Art
- San Antonio Museum of Art
- 0-1 Year