Founded in 1940, HistoryMiami Museum’s mission is to connect people by telling the stories of Miami’s communities, individuals, places and events. We do this by exploring our past to inspire our future
Operational revenues: +$6.1million. For information about HistoryMiami Museum, please visit www.historymiami.org
Position Scope and Objectives:
The Director of Education is responsible for creation, coordination and administration of diverse learning opportunities and program offerings. This position directs and manages HistoryMiami Museum’s education department and its visitor services functions. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal communications skills and be creative, self-directed, energetic, and a team player. S/he will be responsible for developing and delivering programs and content aligned with the mission of HistoryMiami Museum, while taking into account the needs of visitors, the public, and schools. Other key attributes include the ability to build collaborative relationships, attract new audiences, and create and manage department budgets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development and delivery of educational and visitor services programs and activities at HistoryMiami Museum and off-site locations.
- Oversees and/or coordinates initiatives involving collaborations with external organizations.
- Conducts audience research and evaluates program effectiveness. Maintains and analyzes statistics on program attendance, impact and cost.
- Works with curatorial and exhibitions staff to develop interpretive programs for all exhibitions.
- Serves as the Museum liaison with public and private schools and homeschool leaders.
- Develops and monitors the department budget
- Manages grants, including the monitoring of expenditures and production of reports as required
- Prepares written and verbal reports for the museum’s board of trustees and management.
- Manages the recruitment and training of general museum volunteers other than docents.
- Recruits, trains, supervises, and evaluates the performance of education and visitor services staff.
- Recruits and orients volunteers and interns.
- Send letter of interest, resume and salary requirement to email@example.com.
- Please be advised we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the open positions. Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at HistoryMiami.
- Master’s Degree in Education, History, Museum Administration or related field
- 3 – 5 years of leading an Education Department
- Ability to maintain and develop effective working relationships with a variety of people including museum staff, volunteers, instructors, and the community.
- Ability to follow through on implementation of education projects for diverse audience
- Problem-solving, organizational and time management skill
- Administrative, managerial, and budget experience
- Strong interpersonal and management skills
- Miami, Florida, 33101, United States
- March 7, 2016
- Director of Education
- Master’s Degree
- 3-5 Years