The Mildred Lane Kemper Art Museum, part of the Sam Fox School of Design & Visual Arts at Washington University in St. Louis, seeks a creative, self-motivated individual to lead and develop the Museum’s marketing department. Founded in 1881, the Mildred Lane Kemper Art Museum is a nationally accredited university art museum with an exceptional collection of 19th-, 20th-, and 21st-century American and European art and a stimulating assortment of intellectually rigorous special exhibitions, publications, and education programs.
The Manager of Marketing, Communications & Visitor Services for the Mildred Lane Kemper Art Museum is responsible for conveying the Museum’s identity to its constituents via print and online communications; developing the Museum’s use of social and new media tools; and managing visitor services as it relates to marketing and events. As a member of the Museum’s senior staff, this person participates in strategic short- and long-term institutional planning and represents the Museum on campus and regional committees and events relating to communications or arts and culture. The person in this position partners with the Sam Fox School’s Communications Office and works closely with the University’s offices of Alumni & Development and Public Affairs, among others; he or she reports to the Head of Publications and supervises visitor services and the events coordinator.
For a complete posting, full requirements, and application, visit the Washington University employment website at http://jobs.wustl.edu, reference number 32995, or use the quicklink:
|All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, protected veteran, or disability status.|
Washington University, a medium-sized, independent university, is dedicated to challenging its faculty and students alike to seek new knowledge and greater understanding of an ever-changing, multicultural world. The University is counted among the world’s leaders in teaching and research, and draws students and faculty to St. Louis from all 50 states and more than 120 nations. The University is highly regarded for its commitment to excellence in learning. Its programs, administration, facilities, resources, and activities combine to further its mission of teaching, research, and service to society.
The Sam Fox School of Design & Visual Arts at Washington University in St. Louis is a unique collaboration in interdisciplinary architecture, art, and design education, linking professional studio programs with the Mildred Lane Kemper Art Museum in the context of an internationally recognized research university.
The Mildred Lane Kemper Art Museum is charged with fostering the University’s educational mission through the exhibition, publication, development, and preservation of visual art. The Museum’s mission is to preserve and develop its art collection and continue its legacy of collecting significant art of the time; provide excellence in art historical scholarship, education, and exhibition; inspire social and intellectual inquiry into the connections between art and contemporary life; and engage audiences on campus, in the local community, across the nation, and worldwide.
- BA in communications, marketing, art history, English, or equivalent experience; MA preferred
- Three years marketing experience and familiarity with marketing industry; museum experience preferred
- Creative initiative in developing and implementing marketing strategies
- Ability to translate scholarly content into accessible marketing materials and convey the Museum’s identity to its various constituencies; familiarity with art history preferred
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work with individuals and offices both on and off campus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with developing donor relations
- Ability to work some evening and weekend hours
- ST. LOUIS, Washington, United States
- March 11, 2016
- MANAGER OF MARKETING, COMMUNICATIONS & VISITOR SERVICES
- Washington University In ST. Louis
- Public Relations/Marketing
- 2-3 Years