Visitor Experience Associate
The Visitor Experience Associate (VEA) is responsible for promoting a fun learning experience for all visitors by interacting with children and families during their visit and providing excellent customer service to visitors in critical places throughout the Museum. The VEA models positive, educational, creative and respectful ways to interact with children and their caregivers through play. The VEA works with Senior Educators to implement programs that promote the Museum’s mission to develop children who are curious, creative, healthy, globally aware and environmentally responsible, through daily programming and special events.
VEAs participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings and ongoing trainings.
Also, VEAs perform daily opening/closing duties throughout the Museum, including routine cleaning and restocking of teaching/activity kits, and preparation of program materials.
Hours: Various part-time and full-time shifts available. We are hiring now and for the summer, so please specify when you are able to begin working.
• High school diploma or equivalent; some college experience preferred
• Advanced course work or experience in customer service, education and/or family learning, or retail operations preferred
• Experience working with young children (ages 0-10) and their families in recreational settings, afterschool programs or classrooms
• Excellent communication skills and ability to interact positively with children, adults, and large groups
• Ability to react positively to a rapidly changing environment and make good decisions under pressure
• Ability to work with diverse staff and visitors
• Theatrical or other performance experience a plus
• Fluency in multiple languages a plus
To apply, send cover letter (specify position applying for) and resume via mail to Boston Children’s Museum, Attn: Human Resources, 308 Congress Street, Boston MA 02210; email to Jobs@BostonChildrensMuseum.org; fax to 617.423.3213.
May 19, 2016
$10/hour. Full-time staff are eligible for health & dental insurance, paid time off and retirement savings plan.