- To provide art instruction for youth that develops personal and team skills and builds confidence by experiential learning
- To provide a nurturing and safe environment for youth to meet and develop art skills and critical thinking.
Specific duties include:
- Oversight and all responsibilities for the teaching of the program including all aspects of design, supplies, youth training and project design
- Plan curriculum to build student confidence, imagination and basic work skills
- Supervision of youth in all aspects of work and social –emotional development.
- Communicate with Education manager, press, city officials and related public as necessary
- Work with NBAM/ArtWorks! staff to plan, implement and complete projects.
- Document programs through photos, student and teacher reflections, journals and portfolios.
- Experience in teaching youth 6-14+ years of age and ability to work in multiple arts mediums.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in the arts with a minimum of 5 years
- work experience
- Well-developed communication skills
- Familiarity with diversity and youth in an urban educational setting
- Experience with community collaborations
- Computer literacy
- Second language (Spanish) would be an asset.
Send cover letter and resume to Deb Smook, Studio Education and Outreach Director.
email@example.com No phone calls please.
April 15, 2016