The Boston Athenæum seeks a qualified, energetic, and motivated individual to join the Advancement Office as a Development Intern. Under the guidance of the Advancement staff and the immediate supervision of the Manager of Annual Giving, the intern will assist the office with the successful completion of annual and ongoing fundraising goals.
Department: Advancement Office
Hours: flexible schedule; 19 hours per week; regular Saturday and Sunday and occasional weekday evening hours required
Compensation: $12-$13 per hour depending upon level of education; free membership concurrent with employment and one year following date of departure; no other benefits
Start Date: Immediately; open until filled; position is a 12 month position from start date
- Serves as a front-line member of the Advancement Office, and staffs the first floor membership desk on weekends
- Assists with membership processing, renewal notices, and in-house mailings
- Supports office maintenance with copying, collating, filing, shredding, etc.
- Manages stock of membership brochures, hand-outs, and other supplies as needed
- Monitors the Membership phone line
- Assists with demographic data-entry, and in-kind gift processing
- Assists with prospect research
- Staffs development/fundraising events, as well as programmatic events
- Drafts profiles, reports, and other communications as requested
- Conducts other duties as assigned
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program; graduate students preferred
- Strong interest in library/museum management and/or development
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Strong interpersonal and customer-service skills
- Experience working in an office setting
- Fundraising experience preferred
- Familiarity with development databases, including Raiser’s Edge, preferred
Please visit https://bostonathenaeum.applicantpro.com to apply.
The Boston Athenæum is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds to apply and are committed to hiring individuals who value a diverse and inclusive work environment.
April 22, 2016
$12-$13 per hour depending upon level of education