Innovation and creativity come from the unique perspectives of a diverse staff. We value your perspective.
The position is responsible for the day-to-day preventative, diagnostic and corrective mechanical maintenance procedures for the building mechanical systems. Scheduling the computer building management system – which includes temperature control, lighting control, building environmental adjustments and air handler functionality – responding to visitor and staff requests, building management system alarms, and completing daily rounds of the critical building infrastructure. Assist with other facility repair and maintenance work in order to keep equipment in proper operation.
- 750,000 square feet of museum property, consisting of 7 multi-purpose buildings including a 5 level parking garage, Planetarium, Omni Theater, two theaters and four animal living areas.
- In the absence of other facilities staff, occasionally direct and supervise several contractors.
- Regularly works on several projects simultaneously.
- Be on call 24 hours a day to ensure continuous operation of facility systems. May be required to work weekends, holidays and overtime as requested by management.
- Maintaining 50+ Air handling Units, 1,100 tons of cooling, Steam boilers (340 therms annually), 200+ steam traps, 100+ pumps and a Building Management System with 1,000+ points
This position is full-time, 40 hours a week, Sunday – Thursday from 8:00am-4:00pm.
- Three (3) or more years of experience maintaining building mechanical and controls systems, in an educational, institutional, industrial or similar setting.
- Post HS course work, technical degree, associate’s degree or business certificate preferred.
- Demonstrated ability in the maintenance of building mechanical systems.
- Good organizational skills.
- Working knowledge with building management systems.
- Good communication Skills.
Non-Exempt (Hourly). Commensurate with experience.
Benefits for full-time, non-exempt (hourly) staff include: free parking, T accessibility, 15 vacation days, 12 holidays, 5-10 sick days, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, retirement and savings plan, health care/dependent care flex spending plan, employee discounts, employee referral program, tuition assistance, professional development, direct deposit, free admission, free Duck Tours, discounted movie passes, and much more!
The Museum of Science is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
No phone inquiries, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted within two to four weeks of initial application.
See Job Description
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
April 26, 2016