Under the direction and placement of department manager, the Lead Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all aspects of event(s) sold and detailed by the Event & Conference Services Department. Major duties include leading a team of function coordinators in order to ensure the client’s expectations are met, adherence to the Museum policies and standard operating procedures as well as clear and concise verbal communication in leading a team.
- Facilitate events including but not limited to Wedding, Bar/Bat Mitzvah’s, Rehearsal dinners, Corporate and Non-profit events; 60-100 events per year
- Facilitating events in in size from 25 guests up to 350 guests per event
- Lead a team of 3-5 function coordinators per event to ensure smooth event execution
This position is on call, with shifts during day, night and weekends.
Manager, Event and Conference Services
- Post HS course work, technical degree, associate’s degree or business certificate preferred
- Three (3) years or more of experience leading a team of support staff as it pertains to event operations
- Problem solving skills
- Customer service skills
- Communication skills – verbal and written
Non-Exempt (Hourly). Commensurate with experience.
Free parking in the Museum garage, T accessibility, free Exhibit Halls admission and Omni/Planetarium shows, free Duck Tours, discounts in the Museum store and cafe, discounted movie passes, retirement & savings plan.
The Museum of Science is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
No phone inquiries, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted within two to four weeks of initial application.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
April 22, 2016