The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) invites applications for the position of Director, Dwight D. Eisenhower Presidential Library and Museum. This institution is part of the Presidential Library System, administered by the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). The Dwight D. Eisenhower Presidential Library and Museum is located in Abilene, KS.
Presidential Libraries preserve and make available the papers, records, and other historical materials of the President they represent. Holdings include millions of pages of records including letters, reports, and other documents that chronicle U.S. domestic issues, foreign relations and political affairs during the Presidency. These Libraries also have collections of thousands of objects and audiovisual items (including photographs, videotapes of news broadcasts, audiotapes of speeches and press briefings, film of public events, and televised campaign commercials). Through the Museum, the President’s life and public service are documented through a series of exhibits and programs that are designed to stimulate learning, reflection, and a sense of democratic citizenship among the thousands of students, scholars, government officials, journalists, and others who visit each Library annually.
The Library Director plans, directs, and administers all programs and activities of the Library and Museum, including archival, exhibit, public and educational programs. The incumbent works closely with NARA officials to ensure Library operations are in alignment with the Agency’s strategic goals. The Director maintains close working relationships with the former President’s family and the privately funded support organization; develops cooperative relationships and partnership ventures with academic and other institutions in support of the library’s mission and goals; and conducts extensive public relations and fundraising activities in support of the library and museum.
This position is an excepted service Senior Level (SL) appointment within the Federal Government and serves at the pleasure of the Archivist of the United States. The salary range for the position is $123,175 – $170,400. Relocation expenses may be paid. Detailed information about NARA and the national Presidential Library System is available at www.archives.gov. The deadline to apply is May 6, 2016.
- · Extensive experience directing a historical, archival, cultural, philanthropic, educational, or governmental institution.
- · Demonstrated success in building public-private or other coalitions and partnerships to advance the programs and missions of a public or private institution.
- · Demonstrated ability to lead and to create a dynamic working environment.
- · Demonstrated ability to work in a large, complex organization.
- · Exceptional communication skills.
- · Interest and understanding of events and issues of the 20th Century sufficient to contribute appropriate historical perspective and intellectual leadership to the work of the Library and Museum and its presentation to the public.
- · U.S. citizenship is required for this position.
The deadline to apply is May 6, 2016. Applicants should submit a resume and a statement addressing how their qualifications and experience relate to the requirements outlined above to the following address:
Office of Presidential Libraries (LP) – Room 2200F
National Archives and Records Administration
Attention: Library Director Application
8601 Adelphi Road
College Park, MD 20740-6001
- Abilene, Kansas, 67410, United States
- April 7, 2016
- Director, Dwight D. Eisenhower Presidential Library and Museum
- Dwight D. Eisenhower Presidential Library and Museum
- 5-7 Years
- $123,175.00 – $170,400.00 (Yearly Salary)