This position is located in the Office of the Assistant Director for Exhibitions, National Museum of Natural History (NMNH). As Chief of Exhibition Planning and Partnerships, the incumbent will be responsible for planning and implementing a business strategy for exhibitions at NMNH.
- Participates in initiating and planning new exhibit projects that meet museum strategic goal.
- Develops and implements business strategy for exhibitions.
- Develops strategic partnerships to introduce innovative approaches to exhibitions and identify resources for exhibitions.
- Introduces new media in exhibitions, sharing benchmarks of forays into public educational new media ventures and piloting projects at the museum.
- Strengthens internal partnerships and represents the museum with other organizations.
- Performs the full range of supervisory functions with respect to assigned staff.
- Not Required
- Pass Pre-employment Background Investigation
- May need to complete a Probationary Period
- Maintain a Bank Account for Direct Deposit/Electronic Transfer
- Males born after 12/31/59 must be registered with Selective Service.
- May be required to serve an 18-month probationary period for supervisors.
GS-13: You qualify for this position if you possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 level in the Federal Service or comparable pay band system. For this position specialized experience is defined as exhibition or cultural organization business planning, new exhibit or cultural project initiation, partnership planning and development, new media development; and benchmarking/ market research.
GS-14: You qualify for this position if you possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-13 level in the Federal Service or comparable pay band system. For this position specialized experience is defined as exhibition or cultural organization business planning, new exhibit or cultural project initiation, partnership initiation and development, new media development, benchmarking and market research, overseeing a diverse staff; and funding strategy developments.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Part-time and/or unpaid experience related to this position will be considered to determine the total number of years and months of experience. Be sure to note the number of paid or unpaid hours worked each week. Qualification requirements must be met within 30 days of the job announcement closing date.
Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Washington, Dist. Columbia, 20013, United States
- April 13, 2016
- Exhibits Business Planning Manager
- National Museum of Natural History Smithsonian Institution
- $92,145.00 – $141,555.00 (Yearly Salary)