Lead Graphic Designer
The Lead Graphic Designer at Plimoth Plantation is responsible for creating a refined, sophisticated and vibrant Museum brand that truly reflects the in-depth programming, living history sites and powerful educational experiences for which the Museum is known. Collaborative and organized, this individual designs and produces a cohesive, polished portfolio of Museum collateral, advertisements, publications, exhibit panels and sales materials. Productive under pressure and responsive to shifting priorities, the lead designer is tasked with shaping the public’s impression of the Museum through newly created visual media. The ideal candidate will have a personal design aesthetic that is elegant, clean, high-end and modern.
- Lead a Museum-wide branding initiative that includes creating a new logo, adopting new palette and typography choices as well as selecting signature textures and images.
- Conceptualize, create and manage print design projects including brochures, advertising, annual members’ magazine, annual report, Museum fundraising campaign materials, invitations, programs, rack cards, banners, ads, signage, stationery, other internal materials and collateral utilizing the new branding guidelines that are developed.
- Lead the work of cross-functional internal and external creative teams to plan, analyze and recommend creative techniques and executions, using color, images, typography, photography, video, illustrations, 3D materials, and various layout techniques to meet stated project messaging goals.
- Establish and manage relationships with printers, photographers, videographers and publishers. Prepare and deliver print-ready production files to external print and publication vendors, proof all materials and achieve all deadlines for delivery.
- Maintain high productivity and creativity, while completing assignments in a timely manner. Must possess strong interpersonal skills and ability to present, promote and obtain buy-in from multiple stakeholders.
- Provide a friendly and welcoming presence for all guests and coworkers throughout the Museum.
- Support the Museum’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- This position requires occasional night and weekend work and is a salaried, full-time, year-round position.
At least 5 years of graphic design and print production as well as project management experience. Strong sense of design with an aesthetic that is elegant, clean, high-end and modern. Bachelor’s degree in graphic or print design or related field. Fluency in Adobe CC and project management software such as Redbooth or Basecamp is mandatory. .Please have portfolio available in PDF or HTML format. Valid driver’s license required. Applicant must be willing to travel between various Museum sites (up to 5 miles between sites.)
Please send cover letter, resume and link to online portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
May 31, 2016