Sales Associate | Museum Store
DeCordova Sculpture Park and Museum is seeking a part time sales associate to assist the retail store manager with day to day customer service and sales in the Store. This position reports to the Store Manager.
The Sales Associate position at the deCordova Store provides customer focused service to the visitors and patrons of the Sculpture Park and Museum, generates sales, merchandises products and supports the store management team. The ideal candidate will be passionate about contemporary art and dedicated to providing knowledgeable and friendly service.
<pclass=”msonormal” “margin-bottom:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;line-height:=”” normal”=””><pclass=”msonormal”><pclass=”msonormal” “margin-bottom:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;line-height:=”” normal”=””>
Schedule: <pclass=”msonormal”><pclass=”msonormal” “margin-bottom:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;line-height:=”” normal”=””>Mondays 10:00 am – 4:30 pm
Saturdays 10:00 am – 5:30 pm
Note: After May 31, 2016, the Monday hours extend to 10:00 am – 5:30 pm
Opportunity for additional work hours when needed
Start Date: Monday, May 2, 2016
- Maintain product knowledge of merchandise sold by the Store to act as an expert for the customer.
- Conduct direct sales to customers, ensuring each customer is greeted and acknowledged when entering The Store.
- Operate the Point of Sales (POS) cash register system for sales transactions, returns and inventory control.
- Provide a high level of customer service to store visitors to include product information, location and pricing.
- Assist in receiving and processing merchandise, pricing and monitoring floor stock, and replenishing stock when necessary.
- Assist in floor moves, merchandising, and display.
- Maintain the store appearance on a daily basis.
- Open and/or close The Store when needed.
- Provide security in The Store to prevent loss from theft or damage.
- Minimum of one year experience in retail product sales environment.
- Prior use of retail computer system, a plus.
- Personable, clear and effective communication and writing skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Desire and ability to learn new information and skills, cheerful and have a positive attitude.
- Strong team player with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional organizational ability, high attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods, and to move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store. Entails lifting and ability to perform all functions as set forth above.
How To Apply:
. Interested individuals should send a cover letter and resume addressed to Jane Bramberg, Store Manager. Email application materials to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Store Sales Associate” in subject line; or mail to DeCordova Sculpture Park and Museum, 51 Sandy Pond Road, Lincoln, MA 01773, Attn: Jane Bramberg. Please, no phone calls.
April 29, 2016
Leave a Reply