About the Position:
A newly created position, the Director of Development & Engagement will be a critical member of the Castle in the Clouds senior management team. Reporting to the Executive Director, he or she will be responsible for planning, organizing, directing and significantly expanding all CPS fundraising initiatives. Additionally he or she will take a leadership role in deepening community engagement and outreach, as well as developing and implementing comprehensive marketing and communication plans to promote and enhance the Castle in the Clouds brand and to build strong community bonding with the organization. As a member of the senior management team, the Director will routinely provide guidance and oversight to other members of the Castle team.
About the Organization:
Castle Preservation Society (CPS) is the 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation committed to restoring, preserving, and sharing the historic Lucknow Estate, now known as Castle in the Clouds. Founded in 2006, CPS has enjoyed a decade of growth and has been recognized on numerous occasions for excellence in historic preservation. The organization welcomes more than 55,000 visitors each year for tours of the historic home, a variety of public and educational programs, weddings and other rentals, and meals in the Carriage House Restaurant.
The ideal candidate will bring passionate energy, vision, and resourcefulness to this position and will be an organized self-starter dedicated to implementing the CPS mission. Familiarity and experience with community relations and fundraising techniques is required, especially as regards major gift fund raising and creating a culture of philanthropy throughout the organization. The ability to prioritize and make decisions in a fast paced environment is key. Excellent communication, decision making, and leadership skills are essential; particularly the ability and personality to motivate staff, board, and volunteers. Must have a working knowledge of nonprofit or museum management principles and practices, as well as experience developing and managing a budget. Proficiency with computer software related to the position, in particular experience with Microsoft Office products, donor management databases, and desktop publishing software is also necessary. A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and a minimum of five years’ experience with a track record of success is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- With the Executive Director and Board Development Committee create an annual fundraising plan, timeline, and budget
- Act as the staff liaison to and an active member of the Board Development Committee, including preparing monthly reports and taking minutes in meetings
- Maintain continual and effective communication with CPS’ donor base through a combination of personal contact, mailings, email, and social media
- Conduct prospect research to grow the donor base targeting individuals, corporations, and foundations
- Grow essential fundraising programs including major gifts, planned giving, annual appeal, fundraising events, membership, and grant seeking
- Coordinate capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives
- Organize and maintain appropriate gift recognition programs
- Oversee use of donor management software to effectively review and analyze donor behavior and ensure accurate and timely data entry
- Work closely with the ED and Board of Directors to achieve organizational fundraising goals
- Manage paid and volunteer staff assigned to various community engagement projects and activities
- Community Engagement
- Make regular public appearances to share information about Castle in the Clouds with the public
- Develop comprehensive brand guidelines to aid CPS staff in creation of various publications
- Coordinate community engagement efforts to increase brand awareness, drive attendance, and increase revenue through various marketing and communication channels
- Advise and oversee paid and volunteer staff in the creation of effective publications, social media posts, web presence, and press releases with a consistent voice and tone across the organization.
- Supervise the Programs & Volunteer Coordinator to ensure programming and volunteer opportunities create meaningful community engagement while supporting the mission and vision of CPS.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
- Moultonborough, New Hampshire, 03254, United States
- April 18, 2016
- Director of Development & Engagement
- Castle Preservation Society
- 5-7 Years
- $65,000.00 – $75,000.00 (Yearly Salary)