Corporate Relations Coordinator
The New England Aquarium is seeking a high-energy, enthusiastic, and professional Corporate Relations Coordinator to join our Institutional Giving team within the Development Department. This teammate is responsible for managing and growing the corporate membership program and providing support for overall stewardship of corporate partners. In collaboration with the Senior Officer, Institutional Giving, this position is responsible for the identification, solicitation and cultivation of current and new corporate members, generating revenue of at least $800,000 to $1 million annually. The Corporate Relations Coordinator provides exceptional customer service to members, ensures timely fulfillment of member benefits, and provides support for reporting and other stewardship of corporate partners.
Monday – Friday; 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM; 35 hours per week
• In collaboration with the Director and Senior Officer, Institutional Giving, strategize and solicit Corporate Memberships, including writing and production of corporate membership renewal letters and proposals, financial and statistical reports, brochures, newsletters, and promotional materials.
• Conduct research to identify new potential members and develop targeted strategies for marketing corporate membership program to increase the number of corporate members.
• Identify current members who are prospects for upgrades and implement plans to increase their membership levels. Coordinate with Senior Officer to identify members who may be prospects for sponsorship.
• Develop and implement a regular schedule of communication to corporate members, including a bi-monthly e-newsletter focused on corporate partnerships, twice annual renewal letters and regular stewardship updates.
• Coordinate interactions with other Aquarium departments to fulfill corporate membership benefits, including the Animal Ambassador program and venue discounts.
• Participate in planning and execution of Corporate Appreciate Night and other related events.
• Update the Corporate Partner section of the New England Aquarium web site; ensure appropriate recognition of corporate members and appropriate use of member and NEAq logos in promotional materials.
• Management of regular tracking of member payments, generation of renewal mailings, and timely benefit package fulfillment.
• Support Senior Officer’s stewardship of corporate sponsors, including drafting of progress reports and ensuring appropriate donor recognition.
• Maintain member records in Raiser’s Edge.
• Meet annual targets for member contacts and revenue.
• Support other special projects and performs other position-related duties as assigned including general administrative duties such as ordering supplies and coordinating mailings.
• Perform other position-related duties, as assigned, to support Institutional Giving and Development Division goals.
Minimum Training and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• At least 3 years of experience in customer service, marketing and/or fundraising, preferably in a non-profit setting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Outstanding customer service, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Strong writing and research skills.
• Knowledge of best practices in customer/donor relations.
• Marketing skills preferred.
• Must be able to work independently and to demonstrate creativity, flexibility and initiative.
• Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively across multiple teams in a complex organization.
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite, and Raiser’s Edge and Luminate preferred
• Must be available for some evening and weekend events.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
For more information and to apply online please visit: http://neaq.applicantpro.com/jobs/
May 06, 2016